WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: I got complimented on my hair

@yisbuff2  Thank you for the compliment but one reason (and I swear to you this is why, because I wouldn't know the person and wouldn't care AND I can put the thing on in seconds) is because it would embarrass the person.  I really think it would.  I can tell sometimes people are embarrassed when I say, "Thank you.  It's a wig."

I probably could be a medium rated stand up comedienne.  I have lots of things I say to make people laugh.  Usually at my expense, maybe that's why I like people and they seem to like me.

Everyone just takes themselves way too seriously.  This world has gone politically correct way overboard.

Because of the politically correctness, people have forgotten how to laugh with each other and at themselves.

I think just about everyone here would agree that most people are good people.  They don't mean to upset someone, but the RULES have become complicated, so people don't talk to each other (for fear of offending), they don't laugh at stupid things my generation used to laugh at.

I will tell you something I did (promise I did this).  I was riding down one of the major streets where I live.  Traffic was bad and cars were hardly moving.  It was a beautiful day and everyone had their windows down and some had their tops down.

A group of young women (around 18 to 20 something) pulled up next to me at stopped traffic.  I motioned that I loved their hair (it was every color of the rainbow).  They were laughing and having so much fun!  They yelled, "We love your hair too".  

I reached up and pulled off the wig!  They laughed so hard they didn't move when the traffic did.  The person behind was beeping his horn at them.  They reached up, turned around and all shot him the "BIRD".  Then everyone went their way.  It took a second to put it back on.

Whenever I see some of these girls with colorful stripes in their hair (you can tell they're young high school usually.  I say, "I love that color on you".  They smile and say thanks.  That's all that's necessary.  They're experimenting with showing their individuality and I am saying, "I get it".  

Even though when I was growing up I had a hard life and actually skipped my Junior year of high school so I could work to help my sister who was a single mother of 4.  I was their role model and they were very young and needed to see me as a quasi mom.

Life is wonderful, but you have to experience some of the bad to know and appreciate the good when it comes your way.  If you don't look out for the good, you'll miss it.

Honored Contributor

@JAXS Mom wrote:

So I was talking to someone I don't know and just before we parted she said, "you have beautiful hair, it's so thick and shiny". It's so nice to get complimented, I hadn't even done anything to it that day. 

@jaxs mom, that's great!!! What a wenderful way to start your day!!! -- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 I love your story & thanks for sharing. I especially agree with this:

"Life is wonderful, but you have to experience some of the bad to know and appreciate the good when it comes your way.  If you don't look out for the good, you'll miss it."