WEN

Honored Contributor

My hair has changed so much in the last 4 years of using Wen. I cut the last of my shampoo hair off last fall. Now I'm letting my hair grow back to at least tailbone, I'm not even sure where I'm going to stop. ( plus I've been lazy on the oil treatments in the last year, but I started back up recently). I often use remoist for leave in though. 

First year I was all about the 1st gen seasonals, 613, TT and Fig

Second year I was all about TT and Fig 

Third year it was kids first cleanse and a variety second cleanse but limited high protein CCs

Fourth year it was kids first cleanse SOB second cleanse

I've discovered my hair loves the new seasonals but not the old ones. My shower and stash are getting pretty low. All I have right now is 1/3 gallon of SOB and some kids bottles plus leftover first gen seasonals that I rarely use. I need to figure out my routine for the upcoming year. 

Part of me wants a gallon of SHP, my hair likes it as much as SOB and I'm out. Plus I love the gallon pump. I could get my second AD kids apple gallon but I also have the 16oz bottles on AD and I could make due with those. But we have new seasonals coming out. I didn't try any of the new stuff in the last year, because my hair has been picky and I don't want to have to use up stuff it doesn't like ( I have enough of that already) and I hate returning. 

I've gotten a little bored over the last year just using kids and SOB. Some variety would be nice. 

Oh a side note, what does CLV smell like? 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

Re: I can't decide what to buy

@jaxs mom I really like CLV! To my nose, it has a light coconut scent and a lot of fresh crisp lime. I don't smell any verbena. I live in South Florida and bartend, so I'm truly surprised I like the scent as much as I do. Chaz describes this mix as smelling like a "fresh mojito" I disagree because there is NO mint in the CLV and mojitos are made with mint leaves and fresh limes. But it does smell like fresh crisp limes with a hint of light coconut. 

I really like the performance of SHP and all the 2nd and 3rd generation seasonals. I've been on a mission for the past year to find my holy grail of WEN formulas, so I can down size my stash. SHP is definitely a staple for me. The honey complex is amazing! Since you have used Fig, you might enjoy the honey complex in SHP. I find it very moisturizing. 

I think you should consider being open to the new seasonals. Shake up your aromatherapy in your shower and try some new formulas! 

Good Luck!

**Suz**
Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried SHP? That works well in the moisture department. My hair is wavy, some curls, definitely frizzy and a little dry - is also color treated. How about Summer Coconut Mango - While some smell manfo, I only smell coconut - not as moisturizing as SHP (imo). I haven't used the Coconut Lime Verbena CC, however, I have used the RTM - the only thing I smell is verbena very little lime no coconut - can't say how it performs. 

If you haven't tried any of these, I would suggest a 16 oz. size to start to see how they perform for you.

Hope this helps -

Respected Contributor

If I was going to get a gallon, it would be SHP! My hair really likes that one, along with Fall Tuscan Pear and Winter White Citrus.

Honored Contributor

Yes I've treid SHP. My hair loves it as much as it loves SOB. Which is why I'm considering a gallon. 

Respected Contributor

You didn't describe your hair type.  I have dry, curly to unruly/frizzy hair (especially when it needs to be cut).  I liked only Wen fig of the wheat-based CCs.  The seasonals were okay.  In December, I got the rice restoratives in the TSV and found they were more moisturizing and added a lot of shine.  I'll never go back to the others.

I got the 613? (the scented version of the two), but didn't like the fragrance and didn't like how it performed as much as the rice.  I sent it back.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jaxs mom, it may be easier than you think since the most recent five Seasonals work best for your hair (maybe it's the honey complex). Smiley Happy

On the other thread you mentioned that Summer Mango Coconut (SMC) no longer really works well for you. You already know that your hair likes Summer Honey Peach (SHP). 

So the only Summer Seasonal you haven't tried is the Summer coconut Lime Verbena (SCLV).

Why not just order a 16oz size of the SCLV right now and try it out. -- Then if you still perfer the SHP, then you could just order a gallon of it. 

Personally, I'm not a fan of the SCLV scent. -- People either seem to like it or dislike it. There's not much middle ground (which is another good reason to try it out first). Smiley Happy

At this point they haven't mentioned that either of the Summer Seasonal gallons are limited, so you should be ok in terms of holding off of purchasing a SHP gallon for now (but you probably shouldn't wait until the end of the month). 

All of the Seasonals work equally well for my hair, but there are a number of folks who swear by the SHP which is the only Seasonal to have that special (and expensive) four honey complex in it. In the end, the SHP may be the way to go. Smiley Happy

As for the Wen KIds Apple (WKA), your best bet may be to just purchase the 32oz. (which is a better value than the 16oz size), and put them in your WKA gallon once it's finished.

Best of luck!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

___

Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

You didn't describe your hair type.  I have dry, curly to unruly/frizzy hair (especially when it needs to be cut).  I liked only Wen fig of the wheat-based CCs.  The seasonals were okay.  In December, I got the rice restoratives in the TSV and found they were more moisturizing and added a lot of shine.  I'll never go back to the others.

I got the 613? (the scented version of the two), but didn't like the fragrance and didn't like how it performed as much as the rice.  I sent it back.

My hair is medium texture, thick and wavy with some spiral curls. It's not dry and I don't have issues with frizz, although I do have a lot of volume. My hair doesn't really like BGT very much, so I haven't bothered trying the MIF and I can only use 613 occasionally. I've used all the core CCs over the years but I don't want to go back to them now. 

Honored Contributor

I think I'm sort of debating, buy the SHP gallon because I know I love it. Or buy 32oz on AD and try the new seasonals as they come out. I'm leaning towards just getting the gallon though. I put it in my cart but I haven't ordered it. 

I read the CLV reviews and they weren't encouraging so I'm thinking I'll pass on that one.  I didn't try FTP when it came out though. 

Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

My hair is medium texture, thick and wavy with some spiral curls. It's not dry and I don't have issues with frizz, although I do have a lot of volume. My hair doesn't really like BGT very much, so I haven't bothered trying the MIF and I can only use 613 occasionally. I've used all the core CCs over the years but I don't want to go back to them now. 

______

My hair sounds curlier than yours.  It's all loose spiral curls from top to bottom.  It's about shoulder length, though it's layered shorter in the front and at the top.  I can't get a comb through it if it's all one length.  Wen has really helped me with tangling.  Perhaps bebe or the other experts could advise as to whether the MIF would be different from the BGT.  I didn't find a big difference for me, though.  I just love the shine the rice formula gives me.  I didn't get that with other Wen, so that's another reason why I always recommend it. 

Best of luck growing your hair way long again!