WEN

Frequent Contributor

Does anyone know how or what Chaz used a to color his models hair? He says he doesn't use bleach to get those gorgeous blonde colors but I have only used bleach on my hair for the highlights. I haven't colored my hair in about a year because I was pregnant and just gave birth almost two months ago so it's definitely time for me to color it lol I have a natural (and ugly looking) ombré going on. Anyway, I don't want to use bleach if I don't have too and was wondering if anyone knew what products he was talking about when he says on air that he doesn't use harsh chemicals or bleach to get blonde. Thanks!!

Frequent Contributor

Re: How does Chaz color hair?

I'd like to know also since I recently has a bad experience with bleach. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@littlepixie wrote:

Does anyone know how or what Chaz used a to color his models hair? He says he doesn't use bleach to get those gorgeous blonde colors but I have only used bleach on my hair for the highlights. I haven't colored my hair in about a year because I was pregnant and just gave birth almost two months ago so it's definitely time for me to color it lol I have a natural (and ugly looking) ombré going on. Anyway, I don't want to use bleach if I don't have too and was wondering if anyone knew what products he was talking about when he says on air that he doesn't use harsh chemicals or bleach to get blonde. Thanks!!

@littlepixie a few weeks ago he did a periscope video while he was coloring his hair. I was working at the time so it was just on in the background. 

The best thing to do would be to ask during a periscope live video when Chaz might be doing this again and planning to watch him at that time. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy  Wen FAQ - Wen 101 - New Wen products - periscope - QVC WEN forum Wen News - September Chat 2015 Wen Abbreviations Glossary 

Trusted Contributor

Chaz uses color for the highlights. They use INOA, Majirel & Majiblonde at his salon Smiley Happy

live....laugh....love
Honored Contributor

I get blonde highlights in my hair but my hairdresser does not use bleach either. I HATE bleach in my hair. Instead of bleach they use a hight lift color. However, you really cannot go more than 3 shades lighter than your original color with a high lift.

Frequent Contributor

you are the best bruingirl

Frequent Contributor

Ive heard of high lift but i have been scared to try it because I dont know how it will come out in the hair. i know bleach and I know what shade it will leave so I usually do that. But I was thinking I have so much regroowth and my hair is so healthy from not coloring it for so long I wanted to not use bleach this time around.

Trusted Contributor

@littlepixie wrote:

you are the best bruingirl

you're welcome!

live....laugh....love
New Contributor

The little bit I know is that Maria, the blond, uses L'Oreal Vanilla something. But good luck finding it, as there are many 'vanilla' choices in L'Oreal. It's like it's some big secret and they don't want to let us know the details. If you find out more let me know.

Respected Contributor

@littlepixie wrote:

I believe he uses a L'oreal pro product and he uses only base without going more than 2 levels. As to how he mixes, etc I suppose that's the trade secret. He has given the name before but the tricks of it I don't think anyone on the board has ever managed in a home setting. 

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012