WEN

Honored Contributor

HomeWorx by Harry Slatkin

[ Edited ]

Hi WENners!  Have any of you tried these candles?  If so, how do they compare to WEN candles?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Super Contributor

Re: HomeWorx by Harry Slatkin

Never tried Wen candles but I really like homeworx!  Very nice....the quality is noticeable.  I just wish they burnt a little longer.  

Respected Contributor

Hi, SurferWife, can't say that I have.  The best ones I've tried were the Wen ones!

Honored Contributor

this selection looks like it will be very food centered and sweetish

Super Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

this selection looks like it will be very food centered and sweetish

Yes, I think they would make me sick from the sugary smell.  They don't seem to be very sophisticated smells.  More Yankee candle smells.  YUK.  

And then they have Jane presenting.  One of the condesending hosts.

Honored Contributor

Although I am not a fan of Harry personally (love his wife!), last month I purchased his very big candles that had four wicks. Have not burned them yet....waiting for cooler weather. But I did smell them (fall-winter scents). Am eager to try them when Fall finds my little community. Smiley Happy

I also ordered the TSV today, which has the three wicks. 

I figured I would like them because this summer I chose to purchase his plug-in scents for the bathroom because of the great deal. I got the 12-pack, one for each month. I'm on the second one and really, love the scents he has. Based upon that, I am sure I will love the scent of his candles.

Respected Contributor

I got the email about them from the Q.  Yes, they look amazing.  If you are really interested, you can always return if they're not up to your standard.  I saw that they look good and they look kind of like the Wen ones in that they have the three wicks and they have the pretty, glass container.  I don't know....

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife  Hi!  I have purchased a few of his candles....the best one is the 4 wick (so far) Winter Fireside...got a set of 2.  Burned right down to the bottom and the smell is awesome and fills your home.  I think I might have tried a 3 wick when he was on long ago...and they burned ok also.  It's been awhile.  

I am very tempted to try this TSV....I am only concerned about the smell...I have some tiny pumpkin candles from him that smelled AWFUL!  They are so pretty and cute I kept them but just never burn them and keep the tops on at all times LOL!  Lot's of bad reviews on them due to that awful fragrance.  

I like food smells....with cloves and cinnamon...spices so these sound perfect but if even one is like those awful stinky pumpkins I have I would be so upset for the price.  

I have never purchased any WEN candles....pretty new to his line...loving the CC's I have and styling products.  Maybe a candle in his line will be in my near future!

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife I used to love his candles when he was in collaboration with bath and body works so much so I tucked a few away. I was really tempted by this TS but I have quite a few Fall
Wen candles. Now with multiple cats I don’t burn candles like I once did.
Honored Contributor

My Slatkin TSV candles shipped today! WOW! That is fast. Usually it takes several days to a week before something I order moves out of processing and on to actual shipping where I have a tracking number.

Eager to try out the scents.

As to the little plug-ins, The Pineapple Colada was so, so good. Need to get a bunch of that scent. I'm now on the Strawberry Patch scent. The 12-piece set is really great and you get to try out his different scents.