WEN

Super Contributor

Heat Protectant

[ Edited ]

What do you Wen people use for a heat protectant?  My hair has gotten longer during lock down and I find I need more heat to style it.  I am not getting regular trims, just little trims that I do myself.  Please also describe your routine so I can try it myself.  Thanks so much!

Right now I use Wen CC and sometime the mousse.

Honored Contributor

Re: Heat Protectant

[ Edited ]

@lizzys 

WEN Styling Creme is a heat protectant product.  Apply it mid-shaft to ends to soaking wet hair after cleansing.  It protects your hair from the heat & keeps frizz at bay.

I have curly hair so I use 2 pumps after cleansing.  When I diffuse, my hair never feels dry or damaged from the heat.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife  You were the first one I thought of when I read this post!!!  

Of course, you nailed it with your answer Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

@SurferWife Thank you!  I didn't realize the styling creame was a heat protectant product.  I got some in a TSV in the last year so.  I will get it out and dust it off to use today. Smiley Wink   Do you use the mousse together with the styling cream?

I am so bad when I get extras in my TSV and only end up using the CC.  I always have good intentions.  I just need to figure out how to use everything.

Honored Contributor

@lizzys 

Yes!  I do use the mousse, too.  I apply the products using the curly girl method (mousse first, styling cream, leave-in CC last), but non curly-girls should apply leave-in CC first, then styling cream (or mix them), then mousse.

I hope you like it!  I never go without it.  I can tell a difference if I skip it.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Super Contributor

@SurferWife I tried it and I can tell the difference already and my ends look smoother.  Looking forward to see how my healthy my hair gets over time.  I have nothing to lose since I have all the products you mentioned.  Thanks again!!!

Super Contributor
I have a lot of confidence in the styling cream as a heat protectant. My hair is pure white which can be prone to yellowing and damage. I do as Chaz suggested; one pump of leave in CC, two pumps of styling cream, get out of the shower and take a towel off my head after a few minutes and use about six pumps of mousse throughout my hair. I blow dry every third day and have had no damage and/or yellowing.
Respected Contributor

@cac140 wrote:
I have a lot of confidence in the styling cream as a heat protectant. My hair is pure white which can be prone to yellowing and damage. I do as Chaz suggested; one pump of leave in CC, two pumps of styling cream, get out of the shower and take a towel off my head after a few minutes and use about six pumps of mousse throughout my hair. I blow dry every third day and have had no damage and/or yellowing.

Hi, cac140....I have very platinum hair too but not by choice.  It's getting really long.  My hair never yellows and I would like it too.  It's TOO white.  I was wondering...I do use styling creme, well, cleansing conditioner leave in, then styling creme, then mousse but I use the mousse immediately after the styling creme in the shower.  I was wondering why you use the mousse after towel drying.  I use around 12 to 13 pumps of mousse.  I usually just get a huge handful and rub them together and apply.  I was hoping to get some yellowing just for it to have some color to it.  LOL!

Super Contributor
Hi yangya You will probably laugh at my reply but it was just one more bottle to put in my shower stall that I don’t have room for! Lol.. I have so much stuff! But this just has worked out well for me applying it this way, after removing the towel, so I haven’t even tried it in the shower. I probably should. I’ve never heard anybody say they want yellowing before LOL!! Do you use the Indigo? Some people who use purple shampoos frequently get a nice toning effect on white hair, even darkening if that’s what you’re looking for.
Respected Contributor

Yes, I do use Indigo but that tones down brassiness, kind of makes it darker and I like that.  It's just that the yellowing would give it color.  Yeah, that's funny that I want that.  Everyone else wants to get rid of it.  When I was younger, I had very deep, brown hair but it had a LOT of red pigmentation.  I went from salon to salon to get rid of it but after a few washes, boop, there it was back!  I started coloring in ash brown.  This was way before Wen.  I love my hair now.  I just don't want to color anymore.  I lost my color early.  I believe stress makes that happen.  I know they say genetics but I have my doubts.  Anyway, OH, so you just need the room.  Yeah, our bathroom is not the largest, to be sure.  I DO however, squish the water from my hair before applying all leave in stuff.  I just squeeze one time.  I feel that if my hair is running water, all the stuff will just run out.  It gets absorbed still.  Thank you for your reply XO