WEN

Contributor

Hair looks better without any leave-ins?

I love the idea of Wen and the scents, but when I add a bit of CC as a leave-in, or add any other products like styling cream,  my hair looks dull and dry, never shiny. I know I'm rinsing out all the CC when I wash. If I use no leave-ins at all, my hair does look shiny. My hair is extremely fine and shoulder length. Has anyone else found the same thing, especially with fine hair?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Hair looks better without any leave-ins?

Are you adding the leave in to soaking wet hair?  In the beginning, I didn’t do that, so my results weren’t great.

My hair became dry with 613 styling creme ,  just like the CC.  When I changed to a seasonal styling creme, I had good results. 

Contributor

Yes, my hair is soaking, dripping wet when I add the CC as a leave-in. I also find that the mousse is sticky, and even the RTM feels a little sticky to me, although I use it anyway because I love the scents. And I only use the seasonals.

I notice that when I see the Wen girls in other presentations (after Chaz is gone), often their hair doesn't look especially shiny or moisturized. So I wish I could be there to see exactly what he uses on them for the Wen shows, especially Kate, who has fine hair too.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HarwichHelen  I'm sure others will offer their thoughts and opinions but why not just call the salon too? Possibly you may not be using enough leave in product was my initial thought...are you air or blow drying?

Contributor

I should add though that I love the oils, and my favorite trick is to add several drops of oil to the RTM. Just be sure to shake it well before you spray since the oil will always separate and float to the top. There's nothing like oil to add shine, especially to dry ends.

Contributor

I rarely go to a salon...except for the occasional trim. When I tried to add more product, as Chaz recommends, my hair got duller. I always air dry, don't own a blower. I think maybe my hair is just too fine to tolerate adding anything.

Honored Contributor

I’m sure I’ll be the lone exception to reply this way, but except for the Replenishing Treatment Mist—which I love—I don’t use any leave-ins.  I didn’t find much difference in appearance or performance using or not.  I also didn’t care for the feel of my hair with all that stuff left on.  And my hair took a lot longer to dry with the extra products.  

Yes, I used them correctly.  And I tried several different formulas.  I just tried the CC as a leave-in again after I heard Chaz going on and on about it this visit.  Nope.  Still don’t like it.

However, I don’t “style” my hair.  I stick it all up on my head and the only other product I use is the Volumizing Treatment Spray on dry hair instead of hair spray.

I think you should use any product the way it works for you and however you’re happy with it.

Honored Contributor

LOng before there was WEN, my hair always looked better without any leave-ins.  Even my favorite stylist never tried to sell me leave-in products becasue he felt the fewer products he used the better my hair looked.

I still occasionally use the replenishing spray on days I don't cleanse, but virtually no other leave-ins.

Honored Contributor

@HarwichHelen wrote:

I rarely go to a salon...except for the occasional trim. When I tried to add more product, as Chaz recommends, my hair got duller. I always air dry, don't own a blower. I think maybe my hair is just too fine to tolerate adding anything.

@HarwichHelen 

I think @rochelleS meant why don’t you call Chaz’ WEN salon?  He is always saying if you have any questions or problems to call him.

Contributor

Thanks, geezerette, it's a good idea to contact the WEN salon. And thank you for your reply about not using other product except the RTM...I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one!