WEN

Honored Contributor

100% Cotton Turbie Twist.  I don't care for the micro-fiber ones.

Esteemed Contributor
I used the original turbie towels for years thinking they were the best until I tried Aquis. these towels are we're waiting total game changer. Watch for them on either GMA steals and deals or view your deal and they're half price. I included them in gifts for my girlfriends and they all love them.
Respected Contributor

I put my hair in a microfiber bath towel that does have the texture of terrycloth...but much lighter & softer. It's usually only for about 5 minutes though. I wrap my hair up, fix the towel so it will stay on, press my hands all over my head, dry the rest of me, put moisturizer on my face, then let my hair down. The excess water is gone by that time, so no drips...and I have thick hair! No problem with frizz.

Occasional Contributor

For years Chaz has suggested old pillowcases or t shirts. I find the pillowcases a little small to wrap up, so I sewed my own "hair towels". Plain 100% cotton fabric, cut to the size of a generous bath towel, double layers. I squeeze gently then wrap.

Respected Contributor

@vermint wrote:

I put my hair in a microfiber bath towel that does have the texture of terrycloth...but much lighter & softer. It's usually only for about 5 minutes though. I wrap my hair up, fix the towel so it will stay on, press my hands all over my head, dry the rest of me, put moisturizer on my face, then let my hair down. The excess water is gone by that time, so no drips...and I have thick hair! No problem with frizz.

This is exactly what I do.  I have a micro fiber towel that's for hair only.  Well, what I mean to say is that it's not for drying body.  Anyway, I only keep it on my head until I dry off from my shower and then I take it off and hang it on the rack.  My hair by then is heavily damp but not running anymore.  I don't want my Wen leave in stuff to absorb into the towel.  I've heard alot too that towels can cause frizz but to have it on only five minutes, can that cause frizz?  I noticed that when the humidity level goes down my hair behaves nicely with minimal effort however, if the humidity goes up then it can frizz really bad.  I've seen videos that teach, oh, you must dry the hair 100%.  I just don't have the patience for that.  I let it air dry until it's just lightly damp then blow dry.  I do use one product before blow drying when the humidity soars.  It's called "Power hair".  It's a blow dry serum.  It's in a pump bottle and I just pump out a quarter size, emulsify and run it through my hair.  It helps alot with frizz.  As far as cleansing and leave in stuff, all Wen.  ReMoist Treatments are crucial, I believe.  This makes the hair stronger with the best possible elasticity.  My hair is wavy.  I believe straight hair does not frizz but wavy, curly hair is prone.  Oh well, yadda ya gonna do...Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor
Thank you all so much! I'm going to look for those towels! ❤
Occasional Contributor

I used to use hair towels, but I found a cotton pillowcase to work best for my hair. Chaz recommended cotton tshirt/pillowcase to prevent frizz. My hair is dry and curly/wavy. The towel/microfiber loops aka "nooks & crannies" (Chaz said just like on English muffins, haha) I used to use really frizzed it out, even though I air dry. Pilowcase is super easy to use, and good for longer hair.

Honored Contributor

I use the Aquis hair turban or an old t-shirt for plopping.  Towels don’t touch my curls!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

Never use a towel - I use an old cotton t-shirt and do the "plop" method