WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Had my hair trimmed - My stylist said I need more protein in my hair?

Good luck @SandGirl! I wouldn't use both products (POM + 613), at least at first.  When I have done 2 products it is not as good as when i do the good product by itself.  I would try the 613 by itself, and, if it's working and you want to use up your pom, then try the 2 together.  I am just afraid it won't be as effective, and you may be wasting the $ and time spent trying the 613, and not know whether it works.  You can always use the Pom later.  

Trusted Contributor

Just a word of caution--while 613 is moisturizing for some, it is drying for others.  613 used to turn my hair straw-like.  If it is drying for you, I think FIG is a great choice for moisture.  The classics are generally the most mositurizing for my hair.  HTH 😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I have coarse dry hair. 613 turned it into straw; I'm told it has a lot of protein.

Esteemed Contributor

@BExplorer wrote:

Just a word of caution--while 613 is moisturizing for some, it is drying for others.  613 used to turn my hair straw-like.  If it is drying for you, I think FIG is a great choice for moisture.  The classics are generally the most mositurizing for my hair.  HTH 😊

Yes, I've read that many times. If 613 is too much treatment for your hair it can leave it feeling more dried out. BGT has that effect on me.

My hair just laughs at Fig's puny moisture. The classic CCs don't give me any moisture at all. We must be on the opposite ends of the range.

Since @SandGirl didn't indicate her hair type, porosity, etc these are all general suggestions.

But I'd still say use it as a booster to the

seasonal before going 100% 613.

The only people I know who can use just 613 for both cleanses + leave in have very damaged hair, or hair in the type 4 area.

I could only use it straight a few times, as hair got better i needed to mix it w Seasonals.

By the end of the bottle I was only using 613 for the leave in.

Respected Contributor

@lavendar  by the sounds of it, maybe I'm safter with FIG and using that as my 2nd or 1st wash....

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge  I am not even sure how to describe my hair. It has ALWAYS been balanced I guess you may say, not overly dry, not oily - I do not color but I do blow it dry and curl it most days but have ALWAYS DONE THAT for the last 35 years of my life, use heat protectants and have never had an issue.  My hair is normally just balanced, it's just turned dryer and knotting up more. I do have baby fine hair but I do have quite a bit of it, not thick but just average you may say.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lavendar wrote:

I have coarse dry hair. 613 turned it into straw; I'm told it has a lot of protein.

I also have coarse, dry hair, and I 'heard' that too. 

That's why I emailed Chaz's CS a year or two ago to inquire about it.

Per Chaz's team, there's less protein in Chaz's formulas than most high end shampoos. Also, there are only minute differences in protein content from one WEN category to the next.

He doesn't do a high 'Protein Formula'.

While answering my email they were thoughtful enough to caution me about the dangers of applying lots of protein to hair. 

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@lavendar wrote:

I also have coarse, dry hair, and I 'heard' that too. 

That's why I emailed Chaz's CS a year or two ago to inquire about it.

Per Chaz's team, there's less protein in Chaz's formulas than most high end shampoos. Also, there are only minute differences in protein content from one WEN category to the next.

He doesn't do a high 'Protein Formula'.

While answering my email they were thoughtful enough to caution me about the dangers of applying lots of protein to hair. 

@x Hedge  Thanks for sharing that info, that is good to know!!   I cleanse 5 days a week so this is good info. I do love Chaz cust. service, they have been helpful to me in the past  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

You hair needs moisture. When hair is tangled, knotted and breaks easily that means it needs hydration. When it has no shape and is flat then its need protein. 

Im gonna be a odd voice here but In your case, you probably need to use a gentle clean clarifying shampoo. Why? because with the products you are using are actually building a wax on your hair follicles and strands. So, its just coating your top layer of hair just like paint and underneath you have dehydrated unhealthy hair. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop