WEN

Trusted Contributor

Got my very first Fall Ginger Pumpkin CC today!

I'd been hearing about this wonderfully-scented CC for what seems like a couple of years here - it came out right before I discovered WEN - and I always wanted to try it.  I only got a 16 oz  just in case I wasn't crazy about it but after opening it and having one sniff I wish I'd gotten the 32 oz!  I love it, it smells so cozy and comforting.  Can't wait to use it in the morning!  Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

Re: Got my very first Fall Ginger Pumpkin CC today!

I love the smell of FGP & the performance too, 2 pumps of 613 mixed in makes it even better. The oil smells even better than the CC.

Honored Contributor

I love this product too! It and the Winter Vanilla Mint are my favorites. I got the gallon of both in June without knowing if I would like them or not, but it sounded really good. Have never regretted it and am glad I am on auto delivery for both.

I also got the treatment mist and the oil for the pumpkin. Can't get enough of this wonderful smell, especially at this time of the year! So glad you liked it!

Esteemed Contributor

I fell in love with FGP , it was the first seasonal introduced way back when and the seasonal journey hasn't let me down yet. .  I like to mix it with tea tree for my first cleanse.  I'm glad you like it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FleaMktQn wrote:

I love the smell of FGP & the performance too, 2 pumps of 613 mixed in makes it even better. The oil smells even better than the CC.

@FleaMktQn...this is exactly why I love these boards. I love hearing others' tips and tricks for mixing it up with WEN. I'm mixing my FGP with 613 tomorrow morning!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:

I fell in love with FGP , it was the first seasonal introduced way back when and the seasonal journey hasn't let me down yet. .  I like to mix it with tea tree for my first cleanse.  I'm glad you like it.

@ANewHue...once again another tip & trick I haven't considered. I need to buy some more Tea Tree now!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@Surfer Wife wrote:

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@FleaMktQn...this is exactly why I love these boards. I love hearing others' tips and tricks for mixing it up with WEN. I'm mixing my FGP with 613 tomorrow morning!

@SurferWife Let us know how you like it

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I find it interesting that so many of the Wenners mix the various scents. From what I read it is more for the combination of what two or more products can do for your particular hair (or to finish up remaining product in your gallons!). @bebe777 @SurferWife @ANewHue @sonechko @ChynnaBlue and others have made it a very interesting learning process on these threads as to various ways to incorporate the products, and I thank you all for sharing your knowledge.

But I have never mixed any of the products, unless you mean that you use one of the products for the cleanse and another one for the conditioner. I have several of his cleansers and like them for their individual scents. I always start off with Tea Tree (except on weekends when I love to use the scents of the kids' watermelon and strawberry/banana). I figure if it is good enough to get gum and other sticky, yucky stuff out of kids' hair, then it will clean my hair!

But for the conditioner, I trade off between seven scents. They are all lined up in my shower (yes, I have a large shower). Monday is Winter Vanilla Mint, Tuesday is Fall Ginger Pumpkin, Wednesday is Summer Mango Coconut, Thursday is Summer Honey Peach, Friday is Fall Tuscan Pear, Saturday is Lavendar, and Sunday is 316. Yes, I'm a creature of habit! ha! And yes, I wash my hair every day because it is very short, fine, thin hair. Pretty sure I could get by now with washing less often, but I really look forward to frothing up with Chaz's cleansers!

It will be a conundrum as to what I will do if I really like the Winter White Citrus, which sounds positively out of this world! Adding an eighth scent is going to screw up my daily routine. Perhaps after Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday we could add a WENday for the extra scent! ha! 

I purchased the travel packets of the Green Bamboo Tea and the Mandarin Italian Fig, so maybe after using them on my trips I may want to incorporate them too.

Honored Contributor

@WorldTraveler wrote:

I purchased the travel packets of the Green Bamboo Tea and the Mandarin Italian Fig, so maybe after using them on my trips I may want to incorporate them too.

If you are not checking a bag, the travel packets are a good idea. I usually check one bag and pack a full-size bottle of WEN. I use the WEN to wash my face, my hair, my body, and to shave with. I don't mind the big size because using it for so many things means I don't need to pack a face wash, a body wash, or a shaving cream.

Esteemed Contributor

@WorldTraveler wrote:

I find it interesting that so many of the Wenners mix the various scents. From what I read it is more for the combination of what two or more products can do for your particular hair (or to finish up remaining product in your gallons!). @bebe777 @SurferWife @ANewHue @sonechko @ChynnaBlue and others have made it a very interesting learning process on these threads as to various ways to incorporate the products, and I thank you all for sharing your knowledge.

But I have never mixed any of the products, unless you mean that you use one of the products for the cleanse and another one for the conditioner. I have several of his cleansers and like them for their individual scents. I always start off with Tea Tree (except on weekends when I love to use the scents of the kids' watermelon and strawberry/banana). I figure if it is good enough to get gum and other sticky, yucky stuff out of kids' hair, then it will clean my hair!

But for the conditioner, I trade off between seven scents. They are all lined up in my shower (yes, I have a large shower). Monday is Winter Vanilla Mint, Tuesday is Fall Ginger Pumpkin, Wednesday is Summer Mango Coconut, Thursday is Summer Honey Peach, Friday is Fall Tuscan Pear, Saturday is Lavendar, and Sunday is 316. Yes, I'm a creature of habit! ha! And yes, I wash my hair every day because it is very short, fine, thin hair. Pretty sure I could get by now with washing less often, but I really look forward to frothing up with Chaz's cleansers!

It will be a conundrum as to what I will do if I really like the Winter White Citrus, which sounds positively out of this world! Adding an eighth scent is going to screw up my daily routine. Perhaps after Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday we could add a WENday for the extra scent! ha! 

Lol! Unfortunately, I am not as organized as you, @World Traveler! But like you, I find I really look forward to frothing up with Chaz's cleansers too!

But my personality is longing for a constant change away from the routine! This is mainly why I mix, usually up to three formulas in a cleanse.

First I started to mix them, trying to improve a performance of a certain CC, that did not work the best for me, mixing it with the one that would balance it out. Like not so moisturizing with the one that is way more moisturizing.

Now it is a little different intention for mixing CCs for me - I did hear Chaz saying quickly during his show, how for himself mixes (he said formulas by name, but I don't remember and it does not really matter), well how he basically mixes a little of core, a little of restorative, a little of seasonal in one cleanse. Yes, it was an "Eureka!" for me.

Because by now I started to have a huge problem with having too many opened bottles and having hard time choosing which one - I like them all! And I WANT to use them All!

Each CC also has some properties that are specific for it only. So I "married" my change loving personality with how Chaz is using his WEN, and started to mix away!

I MUST stick with mainly Tea Tree for the first cleanse, because my intention is to grow the length of my hair so it will become ALL WEN hair faster. I also trust TT improving the health of my scalp, and as a result possible better/healthier new hair growth. Plus TT seams to be a great CC to wash out the overnight Oil.

I could easily use TT for both cleanses, but what to do with other bottles then? So TT is a first cleanse all the time. Occasionally with addition of a pump or two of 613 after TT set on my hair for a minute or two.

Second cleanse for me is a blast! An Experiment and a Pleasure! I try to choose, like Chaz said - a Core, a Restorative, and a Seasonal.

I vary the proportion according to my instinctive wanting to have a certain scent/smell PREVAIL at the moment. And it is such fun to make these CHOICES of CCs while stepping into the shower.

I keep most of my bottles outside the shower for two reasons - 1) don't want them to be exposed to too much moisture and hot temperatures, 2) to keep my Man's hands off them, since I provided Him with his own CC to wash with.

What do I have as a result of my latest WEN cleansing "method" is - I have all the newness and freshness of Experiment going on all the time, my CC bottles seam to be in constant use and rotation, my hair gets "shocked" every time and LOVES it, the Mix of CCs scents/smells create an incredible and new hair fragrances, and I know - I utilize ALL the WEN I have, getting into my hair all these beneficial properties of each one of CCs!

My hair and I, we LOVE it!

Heart WEN!