WEN

Honored Contributor

It's official.  I've been ready for a new do for a couple of months, but wanted to make sure I was ready to cut it all off again.  BAM!  Yesterday I had my color & cut appointment & now I have a pixie!  I kept it a little bit longer on top & sides (to bottom of earlobe) to keep my curls.  It's a curly-girl pixie.  I'm remoisting today (as I always do after color), but when I style it tomorrow I'll post new pics!  Now my husband says I should go back to being a platinum blonde...bless his heart.  I said, "nope!  That was the younger me.  I am red until I'm dead!"

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

I am going short soon too!  February 18th. 

Right now my hair is all one length, about 2 inches below my ears.  It has been this length for about 15 years and I am tired of it.  

I just love red hair.  One of my good friends has red hair and I have always thought her hair was gorgeous.  I tried a henna rinse once, but have since returned to my light brown/dark blonde color.

No curls for me, my hair is straight as a stick.  No matter how hard I try to curl it, it never lasts for long until it goes right back to being straight!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

Can't wait to see it @SurferWife !  I also did the blonde thing when I was younger.  It was actually highlighted with blonde and I loved it back then, but it was a lot of work having to get it highlighted all the time.  Maybe I'll get brave and post a picture of a younger me with blonde big hair.

Respected Contributor

Congrats @SurferWife can't wait to see the results but primarily - how do YOU like it?  I'm thinking about doing the same but mine is so long now and I'm so lazy it's way too easy to throw it into a ponytail.  

Regardless, you sound like you have great hair and that's a Blessing.  Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife - I'll bet it looks beautiful, and I can't wait to see your pictures!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Spacrazy wrote:

Congrats @SurferWife can't wait to see the results but primarily - how do YOU like it?  I'm thinking about doing the same but mine is so long now and I'm so lazy it's way too easy to throw it into a ponytail.  

Regardless, you sound like you have great hair and that's a Blessing.  Enjoy!

@Spacrazy 

I absolutely love it!  I was collecting Pinterest photos for about a month or so and sharing them with my hairdresser, so that she would get the idea of what I wanted.  She gave me exactly what I wanted...almost to a tee to what my favorite picture was but with a bit of customization for my curls.  I love it!  I was so ready for a new look.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Regular Contributor

I stopped coloring my hair when I retired in 2008.  Have been wearing it short for years.  I have a pixie cut that I love because it requires little maintenance (other than the every 5 week haircuts).  I swim every day for exercise, so I don't have to worry about my hair looking crazy when I get out of the pool.  I just blow it dry when I get home and I'm done. Love the carefree feeling since retirement......no hair worries, no makeup, no salon nails.  AND NO ALARM CLOCK!!!!  Short hair can be very freeing.

Esteemed Contributor

It always feels so good to get a new do. Enjoy. 

Respected Contributor

Wow, I wish I could wear my hair short, but I just don't look good, especially at 66. I have a long neck and it just makes me look so manly.  So I keep my waves at my collarbone for a softer look but I sure am jealous!!!  Enjoy that easy to care for hair.

Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife enjoy and would love to see pics of the new doo! Oh I have always envied you gals with beautiful curls and I love red hair. With my cultural jet black straight hair I tried to go red and well only stays in a week. But I can enjoy vicariously through YOU! hehe