WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Got my color & cut today!

I just can't understand the desperation of so many wanting to go to a salon to get their hair done this soon.  Most of us sure would want/need a haircut but at what cost?  You should be staying home anyway so who is seeing you?  I know it makes you feel good, but to me this is hardly worth the spread this action could cause.  

Honored Contributor

@77yangya LOL!!! Actually, I like the pixie look. Chaz gets really close to giving me a pixie look when he cuts it, but I usually don't have him do the pointy-tip look on the top. It would be okay for now, but I don't think I would want it for when I go back to work. Who knows.....maybe the next time I will ask him to do a pixie. I do like how he does the back of my hair.

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@77yangya LOL!!! Actually, I like the pixie look. Chaz gets really close to giving me a pixie look when he cuts it, but I usually don't have him do the pointy-tip look on the top. It would be okay for now, but I don't think I would want it for when I go back to work. Who knows.....maybe the next time I will ask him to do a pixie. I do like how he does the back of my hair.

Yes, I watched Chaz do your hair and he does a great job!  I like the way the pixie looks on you, I just enjoy mine long.  When I cut my own hair and went to a salon for help, you should have seen it!  The salon girl looked at me with disdain and said what did you do!!!???  I said I tried to cut my hair.  She said, well, I'm gonna have to cut it all off, I hope you know that.  I said oh, I khow.  It was all lopsided!  LOL!  Anyway, mines almost to the ends of my shoulder blades but it's in two steps so when they give the go ahead, I'm gonna get it shaped.  Did you see, today is Chaz's 27th year anniversary when he opened his own salon and left lather behind!  YAAYYYY!  Anyway, Chaz does your hair really great.  Your color is very close to mine.  Mine has some dark grey in the back area and Wen brings out all the highs and lows in it with brilliant shine and dimension.  My husband's hair is getting long!  He can't wait to get his cut too!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree.   The PA announcement today stated the 22 counties which were released from lockdown effective 5/8/20, however the social distancing restrictions are and will still be in place.  They even stated that PA salons are NOT to open at this time.  Well. people were out and about like all was back to normal.  Carolyn Gracie kept stating on her D&C show today that she saw more traffic today because as of today things were changed, but they DIDN'T. 

I'm afraid to hear what happens as a result of those who don't listen and/or care.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Honored Contributor

The states (and in some cases, the counties and/or cities) can decide how they want to reopen, and some are easing the restrictions for hair salons and barber shops.  I have seen several instances of salons/barber shops opened on the nightly news lately. In the particular ones I saw, the stylist/barber was wearing a mask and so was the client. There may be some where masks are not used, but I have not seen that; it is not being shown.

The federal government has issued "guidelines." Some states are being stricter than the guidelines (I believe Michigan is one of those, or whichever state in that area has a female governor who has been very strict with the citizens); and some states are being more lenient than the guidelines, like Georgia. I heard the President say it is up to the governors, and that was why the guidelines were issued. They are not mandatory; they are guidelines/suggestions.

When places open sooner than you think they should, you do not have to frequent them. It is a personal choice once they have opened.

I know that the governor had closed down all the beaches in California, but now said there is one that can stay open. Not sure if that has changed, but I believe he said that San Luis Opispo beach could be open. He may have reversed that decision, as he was going back and forth. There are variances based upon circumstances.

It is not our place to judge. We don't know all the circumstances.

Respected Contributor

Way to go, World Traveler!  Great post.