WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Got my color & cut today!

@LilMadi wrote:

Just curious, were there any masks or gloves involved or have the restrictions been lifted where she lives?

@LilMadi ... I was wondering the same thing!!! ... maybe she doesn’t realize that her hairdresser can loose her license? ... some people just don’t care if they continue to do whatever they want & continue to spread the virus ... so sad ... 😪😢

Honored Contributor

In my state a hairdresser can lose his/her license for this and get hit with a hefty fine.

Respected Contributor

Hey!  That's great!!!!!!  Your baby looks so cute!!!  I wish I could get rid of this awful hair cut that this place did for me a year or so ago.  It's growing all out and I'm don't like it too much but Wen keeps it looking fabulous every other way though.  I can't wait to get mine shaped!!!   Great for you, SurferWife!!!  Enjoy!!!

Trusted Contributor

As badly as I need a haircut you could not pay me enough money to go near a salon for a VERY LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time.  In my opinion the risks do NOT outweigh the benefits.

I decided about 2 years ago to let the natural gray take over in my hair and never have I been so grateful as I am right now.

My opinion only even if the salons were open in my state and they are not at this point, it is still not safe.  I am of that age and also have other underlying health conditions so its just not happening.  I guess I don't understand the need to risk your health or the health of others to be in such a hurry to get your hair done.  I am not sure I would have understood it when I was younger either  

Ya'll do what you need to do though.

Respected Contributor

My salon re-opened this week, and I have an appointment for a cut on Tuesday. There are only 3 stylists (usually just 1 or 2 of them are there at any given time), each has their own room and waiting area. They pretty much book clients so that the next one is coming in after the current one leaves, so there are no more than 4 people in the whole place at any time. My stylist is a clean freak anyway when it comes to her station...plus, she lives alone and is not currently in a relationship. So I feel pretty safe.

I

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife Congratulations! That would certainly make my day. 

I was supposed to have a haircut next week (waaaaaaaay past when it should have been cut!), but got a text yesterday that the salon is closed until further notice due to city and state not reopening salons yet. It might be another month.

I left a message for a gal I used to go to, who owns a different salon. We live within two miles of each other. I asked if she would like to come to my home to cut my hair. Hope she replies today or tomorrow. Pretty sure it is hurting her financially to have to shut down her salon for such a long time. 

Otherwise........I'm close to getting out a pair of scissors and doing my own thing, and that would not be pretty! Smiley Frustrated

Oh, well, let's see how long I can stand it bugging me that my hair length is really crappy to deal with now.

Trusted Contributor

@January121 wrote:

@LilMadi wrote:

Just curious, were there any masks or gloves involved or have the restrictions been lifted where she lives?

@LilMadi ... I was wondering the same thing!!! ... maybe she doesn’t realize that her hairdresser can loose her license? ... some people just don’t care if they continue to do whatever they want & continue to spread the virus ... so sad ... 😪😢

Yes.  And this is how it spreads.  

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife One of my bosses was looking really good when we did a virtual chat. I was bemoaning what my hair looked like and why hers still looks so good. One of her neighbors is a hair stylist who normally charges $300 for cut and color. She did it free in her home. This is not the regular person my boss goes to. When she tried to pay her, the gal refused the money saying "your husband always does things for our family." 

She said it made her mood raise immediately after her hair had been done. So I can truly understand how good it must feel for you. I know it will make my day if/when I can get it done by someone who knows what they are doing. ha!

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife  Oh good for you & your stylist! Enjoy your hair!

I will be the first one in a chair for a cut, maybe next week...Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi, World Traveler!  Your post made me laugh!  LOL!!  I tried cutting my own hair and wound up with a pixie!   LOL!!!!!  I can't wait to get mine done!!!!