WEN

Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,681
Registered: ‎12-29-2014

Getting rid of a POO hair or "CUTTING PRE-WEN HAIR OFF!"

[ Edited ]

What do you think? I would like to ask the advice from Wenners who already have ALL WEN hair - your suggestions about our (newbies) struggle with pre-Wen ends. Should we go on and pamper, like Drythe calls it, our "POO hair"? Or should we just be brave and chop it off? What's your experience of growing all Wen Hair?

 

I recently came across a few complaints about so called "damaged ends" and myself I have similar problem with pre-Wen hair.

 

EvieJ started a thread "Wen 613 vs. Fig", asking for an advice for best remedy for damaged ends.

Drythe gave the best response: "I just have to SHOUT-OUT here! Forgive me OK? Last month I had the LAST of the POO hair cut from my shoulder length hair !!
It was about 3-4 inches past my shoulders and I said CUT! My stylist said "Drythe, are you sure?" I said "Go for it!" I'm so happy!
THANK YOU WEN!"

 

Also, in "It is HERE !!!" thread HSB1204 and I were discussing how much we loved FTP, but unfortunately it leaves our ends a little dry....

 

HSB1204 said: "my hair can also be a little picky! The scent (FTP) is definitely one of my favorites and it does seem pretty moisturizing. My ends are just a little on the dry side since I used to get highlights so they need a little extra love."

 

So we went on with this conversation:

 

sonechko wrote: "Same here. That's the ENDS. My POO hair, like Drythe calls it - it's so true! I do admire her so much for chopping a chunk of her pre-Wen hair off. I am sure, if and when I do this - my hair will behave quite differently. It is the ENDS that are acting all crazy, when there is anything, I mean ANYTHING they (the ends) don't like, and want to "complain about".

 

SHB1204 wrote: "Exactly! My Wen hair is great and I can use ANY formula I want on that but it's the ends that always need special treatment. I really would love to just cut it off and I've considered it many times, but I'm too much of a chicken. I had a couple of inches cut off last month so that'll do for now!"

 

This is it, think - this could be the ANSWER to many finicky hair problems we are having with various CCs - it's the ends of old pre-Wen hair!

So, I decided to start a thread on this subject, hoping to get some input/support considering CUTTING PRE-WEN HAIR OFF!


Please, post away about "growing your pre-Wen hair out" experiences! Thanks! Cat Happy

 

 

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,922
Registered: ‎06-07-2013

Re: Getting rid of a POO hair or "CUTTING PRE-WEN HAIR OFF!"

I just couldn't cut it all off at once. The last two cuts were more dramatic. The last one was 2 inches. It was a relief. Several WEN products I thought I couln't use due to dryness, I now realize was caused only by ends that were just DONE.  For instance, Glossing Serum which I now swear by. 

 

You can certainly do it little by little, but if you are not super attached to it, I suspect it will grow back faster if you just get rid of it from the start.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,079
Registered: ‎12-29-2014

Re: Getting rid of a POO hair or "CUTTING PRE-WEN HAIR OFF!"


@Kjelle wrote:

I just couldn't cut it all off at once. The last two cuts were more dramatic. The last one was 2 inches. It was a relief. Several WEN products I thought I couln't use due to dryness, I now realize was caused only by ends that were just DONE.  For instance, Glossing Serum which I now swear by. 

 

You can certainly do it little by little, but if you are not super attached to it, I suspect it will grow back faster if you just get rid of it from the start.


 

That's what I've been doing. I had a couple of inches cut off recently. I figure if I do that two more times or so I'll have nothing but Wen hair left. It's just too much to cut off at once. What's left now definitely isn't as dry as the ends that I just had cut off but they do need a little more moisture so I'll probably have them cut off soon and just be done with it. I just don't want my hair to get too short!

 

I'm sure there are plenty of people who have naturally thick, coarse hair but in my case I know that it's damage from getting highlights so it just needs to be cut off and that should solve it.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,055
Registered: ‎12-10-2012

Re: Getting rid of a POO hair or "CUTTING PRE-WEN HAIR OFF!"

 

It's a good thing that I have shoulder length hair (and that the jojoba/tea tree oil makes my hair grow really quickly)... because I had to go through this twice!!!

 

About a year and a half after I had started using Wen, when all my pre-Wen hair was gone, I had to have emergency surgery. And over the next year two additional surgeries (I'm fine now, I had great doctors). But because of the essential oils in Wen, I couldn't use Wen for about a year... and I got to see first hand how shampoo had damaged my hair. 

 

Well, I was really happy when my doctor gave me the ok to go back to Wen. And I patiently waited another year for my shampoo hair to grow out. 

 

I admire people who can just make a drastic cut, but that's not me... I like my longer hair and wouldn't have been happy with a pixie cut. 

 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,681
Registered: ‎12-29-2014

Re: Getting rid of a POO hair or "CUTTING PRE-WEN HAIR OFF!"

Wow. What a story Bebe. You are my inspiration, I know you do all things well. Cat Happy

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,952
Registered: ‎03-26-2010

Re: Getting rid of a POO hair or "CUTTING PRE-WEN HAIR OFF!"

Interesting topic sonechko. Maybe that is at least part of the reason why I seem to be able to use pretty much any WEN formula. Some are more moisturizing than others, but I manage that by mixing formulas where needed. I don't have any "can't use" formulas. Maybe that's because I have been a WEN user for about seven years. There was a time in there when I also used shampoo--I hadn't figured out the best way to use WEN yet. But even then I continued to use WEN as a conditioner. I can't remember the last time I used shampoo at all though. I'm thinking it must be at least three years. So I doubt if I have any shampoo hair left.

 

What I am slowly but surely cutting off is my pre-thyroid & hormone treatment hair. It's only been about nine months, so I have quite a bit left to go. But between that and the TT oil treatments, my hair is looking thicker and I look forward to cutting off the thin ends.

 

It must be tempting to just hack off those old ends. I probably couldn't do it because I need to be able to put my hair up, to get it off my neck. I get hot so easily, I can't stand wearing my hair down for long. I would hate wearing it really short though. I had a cut like that over 15 years ago and it was cute, but so high maintenance. No thanks.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,965
Registered: ‎04-05-2010

Re: Getting rid of a POO hair or "CUTTING PRE-WEN HAIR OFF!"

Technically, I guess, I'll never be rid of poo hair, since my stylist uses shampoo every salon visit. She has a "branded" salon, so I would never ask her to use WEN. But all my pre-WEN hair is gone, and I can sure tell the difference! Even with occasional shampoos, I could see that my new hair was healthier using WEN.

 

I have a chin-length bob, so it really didn't take long to get rid of the pre-WEN hair...especially since it's been growing so fast, I've had to go to monthly cuts!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,153
Registered: ‎05-22-2012

Re: Getting rid of a POO hair or "CUTTING PRE-WEN HAIR OFF!"


@vermint wrote:

Technically, I guess, I'll never be rid of poo hair, since my stylist uses shampoo every salon visit. She has a "branded" salon, so I would never ask her to use WEN. But all my pre-WEN hair is gone, and I can sure tell the difference! Even with occasional shampoos, I could see that my new hair was healthier using WEN.

 

I have a chin-length bob, so it really didn't take long to get rid of the pre-WEN hair...especially since it's been growing so fast, I've had to go to monthly cuts!


 

Does she use a conditioner after the shampoo? You could ask her to skip the shampoo and only use the conditioner.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,055
Registered: ‎12-10-2012

Re: Getting rid of a POO hair or "CUTTING PRE-WEN HAIR OFF!"


@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@vermint wrote:

Technically, I guess, I'll never be rid of poo hair, since my stylist uses shampoo every salon visit. She has a "branded" salon, so I would never ask her to use WEN. But all my pre-WEN hair is gone, and I can sure tell the difference! Even with occasional shampoos, I could see that my new hair was healthier using WEN.

 

I have a chin-length bob, so it really didn't take long to get rid of the pre-WEN hair...especially since it's been growing so fast, I've had to go to monthly cuts!


 

Does she use a conditioner after the shampoo? You could ask her to skip the shampoo and only use the conditioner.


 

I let them know that I've "shampooed" my hair that morning and so they don't shampoo my hair again. They just put water on my hair to get it wet when I'm getting it cut. 

 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,143
Registered: ‎04-18-2012

Re: Getting rid of a POO hair or "CUTTING PRE-WEN HAIR OFF!"

I still have 'poo hair on my ends after over three years of using Wen. There was no way I was going to cut my hair that short to get all the 'poo hair off. And really what's left on the ends doesn't seem any different probably because it wasn't exposed as long to shampoo. Plus the ends are a mix of hair from the nape which is probably all Wen at this point and hair from the crown which isn't due to having to grow longer to reach my ends. My hair is all one length. I did cut about 6 inches off a couple months ago so it's not quite to my hips at the moment. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval