WEN

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi there-

i finally convinced myself to buy a gallon of SHP.  I went to the page to purchase and read the reviews. Is everyone receiving an expired gallon? I am now torn as to what to do....should I buy a few 32oz or take my chance on a gallon? Thanks for your thoughts!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gallon - Opinions needed

@danabanatna I have seen many of these ghost reviews not only on gallons but on Wen in general. It saddens me to see this. There are many haters out there that have been targeting Chaz/wen for years. I for one don't make anything of the manufacturing dates. I have stocked my favorite formulas for years and have had no experiebce with bad product. The bottles once opened have a shelf life of two years. I have opened bottles 3 years and they were fresh. Please don't get caught up in what you may read.
Contributor

Thank you for your thoughts. I was leaning that way (because I am aware of the haters) but wanted another opinion.

Honored Contributor

@danabanayna

Please be advised, the date on the bottles are NOT an expiration date.  It is the date it was manufactured.

I, too, am currently using products that were made several years ago with no ill effects whatsoever.  However, if this bothers you, you may want to reconsider.  As I have said numerous times, WEN is one of the few personal care companies that does put a mfg date on their products.  Most do not, so you have no idea when their products were made.  Yet people use them all the time without even thinking how old the product may be.

I bought several gallon bottles this visit, of various formulas.  All have different manufacturing dates, and all are performing fine.  If I didn’t look at the bottom of the bottle, I would never be able to tell any of them were made at different times.

Esteemed Contributor

@danabanayna ,

I echo what both @ANewHue and  @geezerette wrote.