WEN

Occasional Visitor

Is the Glossing Shine Serum the same as the Straightening Smoothing Gloss from years ago?

Esteemed Contributor

@Tgm wrote:

Is the Glossing Shine Serum the same as the Straightening Smoothing Gloss from years ago?

• My email to customerservice@chazdean.com

Jan 9, 10:49 MST

Hello WEN Helpers !!

Today's question is from a QVC WEN Forum poster.
She asks:

" Is the Glossing Shine Serum the same as the Straightening Smoothing Gloss from years ago? "

I"ll share your reply with readers on the forum.
Thanks for your help.

• Their reply 

Jan 10, 07:58 MST

Hi xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting us.
The Smoothing Straightening Gloss is exclusive to Guthy Renker. We carry what is called the Smoothing Glossing Serum, but it will perform in the same way.

Sincerely,

WEN® Customer Support

@Tgm

Respected Contributor

Thank you for finding this out for us all, Hedge.  I had never heard of the product that the OP mentioned, but now I know why the glossing serum I've been using mixed with leave-in CC leaves my permed hair a bit straighter than CC alone.  I'm only using it on days when I don't plan to heat style the next morning, so it doesn't matter that it's making my hair a bit straighter, but I don't think I'll buy it again.

Esteemed Contributor

@CamilleP

I didn't try the glossing serum until 2018.  I bought a 319 duo.

I get the impression it gives it's best result when you heat style straight-er hair, or combine it with styling cream before straightening hair that's naturally 'busy'.