WEN

Frequent Contributor

I recently started using the glossing serum and RTM.  I have read on these boards that the styling cream also acts as a heat protectant.  Does anyone know if the glossing serum or RTM help protect hair from heat?  They have similar ingredients but I can not find any mention of heat protectant in any of the descriptions (to include the styling cream description)

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Doherty Hi,

I can't help, because although I use both SC, Glossing Serum (occasionally), I don't know if the GS protects from heat.  But, throwing in my 2 cents.

This is my impression, drawn from what I've heard Chaz say in general about both, but not specific to your question.

I think that the GS kind of closes the cuticles of your hair and makes it glassy (shiny), and the SC is more for a heat protection and helps hold style.

Hope someone who knows picks up on your question.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

not sure if it's a heat protectant either .  I use 2-3 drops with styling cream though so my hair doesn't frizz, it's a staple in my regimen.

Regular Contributor

To my knowledge I believe that the styling cream is the only heat protectant.  I too, make a cocktail of two pumps of styling cream, half a dropper of oil, four pumps of the serum and five or more pumps of an RTM.  Works well! 

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the replies Ladies!  I also just watched the presentation which really helped. I had to keep the volume down on my tablet  (on way to work now) but he mentioned heat protection and explained a lot.  I fell asleep before Chaz came on so I  am looking at all the great deals now.  

This may get buried under all the other posts but for anyone who uses the glossing serums, does the SAM smell stronger than the pomegranate? I only have the pomegranate and I like that my seasonal products dominate when mixed with the serum.  I like to layer the seasonal so prefer a scent that doesn't cover up the seasonal I am using the glossing serum with.  

I am debating on picking up more serum today while Chaz is here.  Any responses are most appreciated!

Honored Contributor

Hi @Doherty, good to see you around here. Smiley Happy

As Drythe and everyone else mentioned, my instinct is that only the Styling Creme has the heat protection.

I purchased the Sweet Almond Mint (SAM) Glossing Serum (GS) and I think it smells just like the SAM CC. -- I haven't tried the Pomegranate (POM) GS, so I can't comment on it. 

It's a great time to purchase the GS duo since it's event priced. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

___

Recently On Air
QVC Price: $36.00Event Price: $29.76
Available for 6 Easy Payments

___

Respected Contributor

@Doherty I think the Sweet Almond Mint is the mildest scent. I like it because it mixes well with my Seasonal fragrances, doesn't overpower them at all! I'm getting where I don't like the smell of POM at all. I'll use up what I have, but not buy anymore.

Super Contributor

I've used both the POM glossing serum and SAM and I find they're both very similar to the cleansing conditioner scents.

Chaz' customer service people are A1 for answering questions. I highly recommend sending them your questions!

Respected Contributor

@Doherty I've tried both the SAM and POM GS. I find the scent of both of them to be very mild and I can't smell them at all no matter what I mix them with.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone for your help.  These really last a long time.  I am still working on the first bottle of a 2 bottle set of pomegranate.  I am going to now order the SAM for a change.  Then I have to slow it down because I have already ordered quite a bit☺