WEN

Respected Contributor

Remember how Chaz stressed not to use BSI as your leave-in during all the recent TSV presentations, so it wouldn't color your hair?  So, last night, I decided to see what happened if I did.  Well, even blow-drying it didn't seem to set much color, so this morning, after I got up, fed pup-boy his breakfast, and ate my own, I went further.  I dampened my hair a bit with 319 TS, took a pump of Indigo, spread it around my palms, and ran it through my hair.  Then I put it up in a bun to dry a bit, just in case it might rub off on the clothes.  When I let it down an hour or so later I had these lovely dark blue streaks running down locks of my hair!  When I brushed it out the effect became less dramatic, but it was still fun!  A temporary color for my hair that won't harm it and it washes right out again since it's CC anyway!  With my "dishwater" blonde going grey, I can now, with judicious Indigo useage, become a "little old blue-haired lady" any time I want, LOL!  Or if I want a punk-ish accent, just "dye" one lock.  As much as I love some of the fun "accent" haircolors currently available, those things never come out again if you are Wenning rather than shampooing, so I am quite content to now use Indigo to achieve a similar look with less permanence, even if the color choice is limited to just one.  Has anyone else experimented with Indigo to try to keep some of the color in your hair?

Honored Contributor

You’re such a rebel @CamilleP! 😜😂🤣🤙🌴😎

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

LOL!  Comes from being retired, I have nobody to account to for how I look except myself.  Honestly, with Chaz being a colorist, I wish he would develop a line of temporary fun colors for streaking hair that would then just WEN out again the next time you cleansed.  I tried  a teal product a couple of years ago, and it was fun, but it was a lot more than temporary, I had to "Color Ooops" it out when I got tired of it.  Chaz's products would be good for the hair, and sure to be gorgeous colors, too. 

Esteemed Contributor

@CamilleP - I too have used the Indigo as a leave-in. It gave just a "hint" of blue but nothing that screamed at you, lol. Next time, I will do as you mentioned as add a pump the next day while adding the RTM.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Esteemed Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

LOL!  Comes from being retired, I have nobody to account to for how I look except myself.  Honestly, with Chaz being a colorist, I wish he would develop a line of temporary fun colors for streaking hair that would then just WEN out again the next time you cleansed.  I tried  a teal product a couple of years ago, and it was fun, but it was a lot more than temporary, I had to "Color Ooops" it out when I got tired of it.  Chaz's products would be good for the hair, and sure to be gorgeous colors, too. 

Well, there's something new for the WEN wishlist!

Respected Contributor

Riley, even after cleansing last night, I can still detect a hint of cool blue in my lightest hairs, so the toner on dry hair is definitely longer-lasting than when used on wet hair.  I imagine it will be gone with one more cleanse, though.  Since I love the color, it doesn't bother me in the slightest.  I hope you are happy with the results if you try my experiment!

Respected Contributor

Re: Fun with Indigo!

[ Edited ]

Hedge, so far as I know, Chaz uses color products from someone else, not his own, right? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Fun with Indigo!

[ Edited ]

@CamilleP 

I've heard Chaz say he uses Loreal's Majirel.  That is a superb line!  I remember my hairdresser in the mid-90's used it on me (the one who convinced me I should go from a platinum blonde to a redhead).  It has great holding power!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor
@CamilleP I was thinking of trying this to pull a prank on my DD thanks for trying it and posting about it. She has gone through phases of experimenting with colors which resulted in her ruining her hair. My DH has white hair and he leaves it in throughout his shower and he gets a subtle lavender effect. It's cool. Don't know if others see it or it's just me.