WEN

Trusted Contributor

Frankenbottle experiment, hmmm....

[ Edited ]

I've been meaning to clean up the forest of bottles in my shower and on my bathroom counter for a while now. I ordered a flexible plastic squeeze bottle a while back to use for my frankenbottle, because those WEN bottles just don't squeeze well and I don't have a lot of strength in my hands anymore.

So, I started my frankenbottle with a very small amount of a mixture of SOB & SHL. It was pretty thick, so I added a couple of droppers of SOB oil to loosen it up. Then I added a small amount left in a 16oz of SHP. Next was the end of a bottle of WWC that had hit the NPZ. Then the dregs of an old 32oz bottle of POM. I think I may have diluted it with water back then, judging by how easily it came out. There wasn't much in my frankenbottle, so I opened the bottle of SMC that came with the Dec TSV, thinking to disguise the scent of coconut I can't stand with the other scents, and added a big squeeze of that. I put in a few pumps of 613 since I had one open on my counter (to use on my face with my Clarisonic). I also added some WWC & SOB oils and a few sprays of POM RTM and shook well. I could still smell the coconut far too much, so I opened a bottle of POM and put a big squeeze of that in too with a bit more oil & RTM.

What would you think that would smell like? Well, it was a familiar scent to me right away, if an odd one. This is insane, I know... but it smells exactly like Juicy Fruit chewing gum! Isn't that nuts? I couldn't have done that on purpose on a bet. So weird.

I have an old open bottle of CA on my counter, but I didn't think that would be a good addition. I didn't think I wanted to add the wheat based protein to all that soy. Plus, I remember CA having a lot of menthol in it and I didn't think that would be good with that mixture either. I'll save that for another time.

Well, I'm doing a TT oil treatment on my scalp & hair right now. So later tonight I will probably wash my hair with TT first and then try my Juicy Fruit frankenbottle experiment. Wish me luck!

Honored Contributor

Re: Frankenbottle experiment, hmmm....

You are so funny! Can't wait to hear how it all turns out!  Smiley LOL

Valued Contributor

Good luck!  You've got a little bit of everything in there.  Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

That is fantastic! I bet it smells really good. Be sure to share how the performance is! Even if it is terrible at least you made something that smells yum.

Honored Contributor

Shower gel always has "some" stuck in the bottom of the bottle.......so I dilute it with a little water, and add it to the unscented detergent for washing my "undies"...............A little of the aroma lingers.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I decided the scent was too sweet for me. So I added some WCM and more WWC oil. I like it better now. Juicy Fruit is the kind of gum that you loved when you were a kid, but it's sickly sweet now. I think I will stop mixing now.

Respected Contributor

Hopefully, Chaz won't ask you for your recipe. Lol. Juicy fruit sounds good.

I always turn my bottles upside down once I hit the no pump zone. I save the caps and replace the pump before turning them upside down although I used to leave it in with no problems. I'd perch them on the sink using the faucet to keep them upright. Then I revert to the blob method when using up the rest. I use another cc to pump out the leave in.
Respected Contributor

Juicy Fruit sounds like a delicious concoction!  

I never have the "guts" to make a Frakenbottle, so nice blending there!

I just put the original cap back on, turn them upside down, and keep using  until the bottle is "shaken clean!"

Trusted Contributor

@jpie wrote:

Juicy Fruit sounds like a delicious concoction!  

I never have the "guts" to make a Frakenbottle, so nice blending there!

I just put the original cap back on, turn them upside down, and keep using  until the bottle is "shaken clean!"

I don't like to do that because I have terrible aim (especially with a wet hand). I end up wasting too much. Plus, I get frustrated trying to shake out enough CC when I'm in a hurry in the morning (as always). I'm hoping this squeeze bottle will work well. It's the kind of "upside down" squeeze bottle made for thick condiments like ketchup or mayo.

Respected Contributor

I always put the cap back on the bottle when the it gets to the no pump zone and then I turn the bottle upside down. Some of the formulas are thicker, though, and harder to get out of the bottle. Sounds like an interesting scent you ended up with! Cat Happy I just made myself a bottle with POM, SGGT and FTP.