WEN

Regular Contributor

Just curious, has anyone mixed the BGT and MIF either in a frankenbottle or just mixed them together in general? If so, how did you like the results? I really love MIF but haven't used BGT and had wondered about combining them into a bottle together. 

Thoughts if you've used and like either of these scents? 

Trusted Contributor

What is a Frankenbottle?

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Trusted Contributor

@Beautoxica wrote:

Just curious, has anyone mixed the BGT and MIF either in a frankenbottle or just mixed them together in general? If so, how did you like the results? I really love MIF but haven't used BGT and had wondered about combining them into a bottle together. 

Thoughts if you've used and like either of these scents? 

Oh yes! I like the performance of MIF, but really don't care for the scent. I have mixed it 2:1 with either BGT or 613 and got very good results from both. I find mixing with either of those really neutralizes the scent issues for me (I love the scents of both BGT and 613).

Esteemed Contributor
Adeline - when you take the bottom of the Wen bottles and combine them together in a bottle and voila - frankenbottle. No one wants to waste a drop of a Wen!
Regular Contributor

That makes me so happy! I LOVE the performance of MIF and so this makes me feel better about the possibility about doing this. Thank you for the response! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@riley1 wrote:
Adeline - when you take the bottom of the Wen bottles and combine them together in a bottle and voila - frankenbottle. No one wants to waste a drop of a Wen!

Gotcha! 

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Respected Contributor

I love MIF and use it everyday...I always mix in a pump of613 because I just like it...With BGT I will need to use a bit more of the 613 as it can be a bit dry for my hair, but the 613 kicks it right back up!

We also have a fankenbottle of CLV and SMC...great combo...

Valued Contributor

When I started using Wen a couple of years ago, I went nuts and bought a bunch of the core CC formulas.  Unfortunately/fortunately, I've since found that the seasonals work best for me.  Fig is pretty much the only core CC I can use.  The others are too drying for my hair type.  To not "waste" my previous purchases, I now mix all of my other core formulas and use that mixture plus a squeeze of organic honey for my first wash, and one of my favorite seasonals for my second. This has worked out great for me, and I can still use the rest of my core stash.

Regular Contributor

I've only recently really dug into the core scents. I started Wen with the TSV in March and became an instant MIF fan. I was able to ask Chaz on Periscope what core I should start ith and he suggested Fig and he was right. It worked very well. I don't find the SHP as moisturizing as Fig but I love, love, love the scent and one pump of fig (and I'm thinking to try even MIF) and it will be even silkier than Fig (at least that's my guess). 

So I'm still learning about the core's and have the 16oz on AD to try them all, but I haven't had one yet that I really just hate. I just notice what does and doesn't make my hair feel like liquid silk in the shower lol. It's a live and learn, but I'm glad it's okay to mix. 

Trusted Contributor

@Beautoxica wrote:

I've only recently really dug into the core scents. I started Wen with the TSV in March and became an instant MIF fan. I was able to ask Chaz on Periscope what core I should start ith and he suggested Fig and he was right. It worked very well. I don't find the SHP as moisturizing as Fig but I love, love, love the scent and one pump of fig (and I'm thinking to try even MIF) and it will be even silkier than Fig (at least that's my guess). 

So I'm still learning about the core's and have the 16oz on AD to try them all, but I haven't had one yet that I really just hate. I just notice what does and doesn't make my hair feel like liquid silk in the shower lol. It's a live and learn, but I'm glad it's okay to mix

When I first started with WEN, I mixed SAM and TT. That's a good combination, although I later decided I prefer TT by itself. My favorite combo so far is SOB & SHL. By themselves neither is a favorite, but together I feel like I get the best qualities of both and it really works for me.