WEN

New Contributor

Formula Change for More Suds?

Not here to bash Wen.  I think I've been using Wen since QVC first started selling it. With no hair loss I might add.  I am just wondering if the formula has changed recently.  I don't have a clogged drain but I've noticed it takes forever for water to drain out of my shower through the hair catcher, apparently because of the foamy suds that gather around the drain and impede progress.  It  I don't remember Wen always creating suds like a regular shampoo.  Maybe I'm using too much....but I'm using the same amount as always.  Has anyone else noticed a recent change?

Honored Contributor

Re: Formula Change for More Suds?

@Lucky Granny I used WEN for maybe 5 or 6 years.  Now I am using a L'Oreal sulfate-free product which works better for my hair -- it has lots of suds.  I haven't noticed a drain problem.

Trusted Contributor

@Lucky Granny Might not be the Wen.  I have a water softner, the amount of suds of some of my soaps change when it's low on the tablets and when it's full.  We just had a new one installed and had to dial back the setting on ours since we were getting alot of suds.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I've been using WEN for years and have never noticed "suds" like regular soap or shampoo.  Sure, there is the cleanser as you rinse, but the formulas I use don't suds up.  I haven't noticed a change.  I also never have had problems with my shower draining.

Have you always used the hair catcher in your drain?  The more you impede the flow of water by reducing the size of the drain, the more backup you will have.  If I put my shower mat down so that some of it covers the drain hole, I have backup too.

Regular Contributor

I use Wen and I have not noticed any change in the suds. 

I did have a slow draining standpipe (from the washer) and the plumber recommeneded Zep drain cleaner (green liquid) and is next to the other drain cleaners at Menards, Lowe's. It's an enzyme and not caustic--use every 3 months.  I can't put it in the standpipe drain but I put it in the other drains.  I thought it worked well.