WEN

Trusted Contributor

For those who have used the texture balm

Is there a difference in performance between the scents or just a matter of scent preference?  I think I may try this with the Black Friday sale and now need to choose which one!

Frequent Contributor

Re: For those who have used the texture balm

It is a scent preference but I just want to chime in and say for hair, less is more and it should last you a very long time but my favorite thing to use it on is my feet.  I put in on the palm of my hands then put socks on and love it.  

Trusted Contributor

@Hair Today Gone Tomorrow Really on your feet?  I never would have thought of that!  Thanks for the tip!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jeannie29 wrote:

@Hair Today Gone Tomorrow Really on your feet?  I never would have thought of that!  Thanks for the tip!

@Jeannie29, I've read about other Wenners using it on their hands and feet as well because, as least some of the Texture Balms, have beeswax in them (I checked the Sweet Almond Mint (SAM) & Tea Tree formulas at Chaz's site).

Here's the ingredients deck for the SAM Texture Balm: 

•   Ricinus Communis Seed Oil
•   Paraffin
•   Hydrogenated Castor Oil
•   Euphorbia Cerifera Wax
•   Beeswax
•   Sorbitan Oleate
•   t-Butyl Hydroquinone
•   Vegetable Oil
•   Propylparaben
•   Propylene Glycol
•   Glycerol Oleate
•   Fragrance
•   Citric Acid
•   BHT
•   BHA

btw, these are a few Texture Balm threads: Texture Balm and Texture balm . 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I think you just choose based on the scent you like. I have used the sweet almond mint. It has no mint scent at all. It just smells like sweet almond. I only use two swipes. I rub my hands together to warm it up and apply it to the midshaft and ends of my hair. I don't use it everyday. I use it when I want a little extra hold or to separate my layers. My favorite way to use it is on my cuticles and lips. I find that if I put it under my lipstick, it makes my lipstick last longer.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!