WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: Fall Seasonals cc- Most moisturizing? Least Moisturizing?

@2swans14 welcome to the WEn forum and the wenderful world of Wen!! Smiley Happy 

The Seasonals all work equally well for me, so I can't give you any feedback on your question. 

What you may want to do is hold off on purchasing the Fall Seasonals for now. For a few years now, Chaz' has been offering the (3) Seasonal 16oz. CC trios for around $70-74 with just one $3 S&H charge. 

While I can't guarantee that Chaz will be offering the trio again this season, I'm sure he knows how popular it has been in the past... so I would think that trio kit would be offered again.

It's a good value since each of the 16oz Seasonal CCs winds up costing $24-25 and you only pay one $3 S&H charge. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@2swans14 wrote:
Thank you all so much for your opinions! I've read and pondered them, and I'll re-read and re-ponder them probably 100 times (or more, lol) before I decide which ones to order. Thanks again!!

2swans! Can't really give any suggestion on the moisture factor comparison between three Fall CCs, since I only used FTP, which is medium level of moisture in my opinion.

But, I've quickly read this thread, and I see that opinions vary, you know the usual - different people = different experiences.

May I suggest waiting maybe a few days for Seasonal Trio Kit? I am sure, it is going to be available soon, and it will be probably about same price you'd spend on the two 16 oz Fall CCs anyways.

You'll will compare ALL three Fall CCs yourself personally, for the price of two. Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@2swans14 wrote:
Thank you all so much for your opinions! I've read and pondered them, and I'll re-read and re-ponder them probably 100 times (or more, lol) before I decide which ones to order. Thanks again!!

2swans! Can't really give any suggestion on the moisture factor comparison between three Fall CCs, since I only used FTP, which is medium level of moisture in my opinion.

But, I've quickly read this thread, and I see that opinions vary, you know the usual - different people = different experiences.

May I suggest waiting maybe a few days for Seasonal Trio Kit? I am sure, it is going to be available soon, and it will be probably about same price you'd spend on the two 16 oz Fall CCs anyways.

You'll will compare ALL three Fall CCs yourself personally, for the price of two. Woman Happy

I agree with sonechko that if you like spicy formulas in body products, you should just purchase the seasonal trio of cc's when it is available.  I only use the FTP since I really like it and couldn't use FAS since it gave me a headache and never tried FGP since I didn't think I would like it. (I don't like spicy body products).  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Me too. I also do not like spicy and food like smells in my hair. So I probably will not  even go for Fall Trio. I do like Fall Tuscan Pair though - it is frothy, smells good and performs well enough for me.

I might go for FTP alone in 32 size, or if it is offered in a kit with maybe oil, and something else.

The other Fall CC I will get to try, if one will be made available in a possible Christmass Seasonal Variety Kit. This is it for me for Fall, and Winter too. I am all Spring Heart and Summer Heart Seasonal Wenner!

Regular Contributor

You've already gotten some great advice here, OP.  I shall throw in my two cents as well.

My hair can also run on the dry side, so I can relate.  The general consensus is that FTP and FAS are the most moisturizing.  I personally love FGP the most as far as scent.  I join the clan of others which fall (pun not intended, or is it?!) into the category of not favoring the scent of FAS at all.  It was super overwhelming for me, and I am not overly sensitive.  FTP really surprised me last year as it was the most frothy, lightly scented and also provided moisture.    Since you're on the fence I'd agree with some other posters that the 16oz trio may be the best choice for you.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

Me too. I also do not like spicy and food like smells in my hair. So I probably will not  even go for Fall Trio. I do like Fall Tuscan Pair though - it is frothy, smells good and performs well enough for me.

I might go for FTP alone in 32 size, or if it is offered in a kit with maybe oil, and something else.

The other Fall CC I will get to try, if one will be made available in a possible Christmass Seasonal Variety Kit. This is it for me for Fall, and Winter too. I am all Spring Heart and Summer Heart Seasonal Wenner!

I didn't order the December seasonal tsv since I knew that I didn't want to try the FGP or WVM but may decide to order it this year depending on what scents are available.  I may also decide to give the scents that I don't like to someone who will use them.  

Regular Contributor

My hair tends to be on the dry side also (90% white, color treated to dark brown), and I adore the FAS. The FTP formula was good, but I am one who actually prefers the scent of FAS. I did not care for the performance or scent of FGP, I smelled like a bento box (all ginger and no pumpkin scent, that I could detect), and it made my scalp burn! I think the idea of waiting for the 3 is good. My hair loves the SMC also, but I have to have the aroma of the FAS to keep me feeling cozy in the colder months.

Respected Contributor

FAS  for sure for my hair...only MIF has given the same results...My hair doesn't hold the scent, but I don't mind it anyway, and if it does mix it with a bit of BGT...

FTP is great also, I don't care for FGP, but oddly it's my hubs fav..

I have baby fine, chin length, (used to be very dry hair)  and I color the roots..

Honored Contributor

@123lollo wrote:

My hair tends to be on the dry side also (90% white, color treated to dark brown), and I adore the FAS. The FTP formula was good, but I am one who actually prefers the scent of FAS. I did not care for the performance or scent of FGP, I smelled like a bento box (all ginger and no pumpkin scent, that I could detect), and it made my scalp burn! I think the idea of waiting for the 3 is good. My hair loves the SMC also, but I have to have the aroma of the FAS to keep me feeling cozy in the colder months.

@123lollo , I feel the same way. Welcome to the FAS Fan Club!! Smiley Wink 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I skipped FTP but FAS is more moisturizing than FGP. That said I love love love FGP too and it definitely is not drying. FGP ran 2 years in a row 'back in the day' and most were impressed with the moisturization. It's just that Chaz keeps improving. People were loving FGP in my hair at work today too. Side benefit.😋

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012