WEN

Trusted Contributor

I recently opened my last Fall Apple Spice, CC. I really love what it does for my hair. Has anyone found a scent to be similar in performance or a combination of scents that are similar in performance?

Although the scent took some getting used to when I first started using it, I have become used to it now and actually like it, the performance works great for me. I would appreciate any input and thank you all in advance. 

I wish Chaz would consider bringing it back, the formula is the best WEN  I have used for my hair. I wish he would keep the formula and just change the scent since thats what seemed to be what people didn't care for. Maybe there is another option of the same formula that I do not know about? Again, I appreciate your help.

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Respected Contributor

I think the best thing I can suggest is to read the ingredient list on that scent and find scent that's the closest to that  I did this with a mousse.  Some formulations are richer and more moisturizing and some are more astringent.  The Fall Apple Spice had taken a "back seat" for some time now.  In my humble opinion, I feel it was not very popular among the masses because of the strong maple notes.  Chaz was hiking with his dogs and he said he could smell it in nature and put it in that one.  He had it on sale months ago on his own site, the site you can buy from, along with other scents like Spring Gardenia Geen Tea which also kind of faded out, if you will.  The new fall and winter ones that will be coming out soon are amazing.  What is it that it does for your hair that you like so much?  Actually, you can call the salon, the number is on every item, and talk to them.  They are very obliging and friendly.  I'm sure the other Wen girls on here will add their knowledge.  I was not a big fan of that scent but maybe someone else was. 

Respected Contributor

@kathie66 wrote:

I recently opened my last Fall Apple Spice, CC. I really love what it does for my hair. Has anyone found a scent to be similar in performance or a combination of scents that are similar in performance?

Although the scent took some getting used to when I first started using it, I have become used to it now and actually like it, the performance works great for me. I would appreciate any input and thank you all in advance. 

I wish Chaz would consider bringing it back, the formula is the best WEN  I have used for my hair. I wish he would keep the formula and just change the scent since thats what seemed to be what people didn't care for. Maybe there is another option of the same formula that I do not know about? Again, I appreciate your help.

@kathie66  There is some on ebay if you are ok buying there..Just make sure to check the sellers reviews...Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@77yangya Thanks for your help! I will check the ingredient deck and compare it to the new fall formulas. Yes, I did buy some when Chaz had it on sale on his site I wish I bought more!  

Thanks for asking what it does for my hair, I should have explained. The formula is very hydrating to my dry hair, hair feels soft with less frizz and is more smooth and more manageable. I have dry color-treated long hair that is wavy. The texture changed once gray set in, it is much more wiry and dry. With this formula, I can let it air dry and I am good to go! 

Trusted Contributor

@quadmimi Thank you, I will check the listings. Really hoping to find a replacement formula or combination of formulas. It seems that whenever I really like something it's guaranteed to be discontinued! 

Respected Contributor

@kathie66 wrote:

@quadmimi Thank you, I will check the listings. Really hoping to find a replacement formula or combination of formulas. It seems that whenever I really like something it's guaranteed to be discontinued! 

@kathie66  Aside from the maple in FAS, I found this ingredient in it I haven't seen in other Wen CC's,

"Soluble Collagen (Marine Kelp)" 

I am not good with ingredient's (I loved FAS for my curls), I wonder if this had something to do with it...Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

@kathie66 wrote:

@kathie66  Aside from the maple in FAS, I found this ingredient in it I haven't seen in other Wen CC's,

"Soluble Collagen (Marine Kelp)" 

I am not good with ingredient's (I loved FAS for my curls), I wonder if this had something to do with it...Smiley Happy

@quadmimi Thank you for pointing out the Marine Kelp as well as the maple. I will keep this on my radar when Chaz introduces a new scent. Would love it if marine kelp was in the Summer Pink Lemonade, can't wait for that one it sounds wonderful! Thank you so much for checking the ingredients, I so appreciate the information. have a good night.