WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: FYI: Fall duo better deal than the gallon

@CamilleP   Thanks so much for that reponse...when you say brassiness, which I understand what that means but I don't know if my hair gets brassy, lol, or does that just happen when using the 319 product?

I shampoo about every other day, some days depending on my schedule I might go two days. I was looking at the product that was on yesterday it was not a gallon it was 32 oz for 43.50.

Trusted Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

actually if you are really thinking about trying a new 32 Oz seasonal. There is a friend's sale happening now and imho the seasonal duo of CC with body moisturizer is a much better deal. and you get to try that product too. 🤷‍♀️

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs  No, the 319 won't cause brassiness, no WEN cleansing conditioner will, ever.  However, depending on the mineral content of the water you cleanse with, hair can develop a dull, yellowish tinge.  Some hair colors are more apt to get brassy than others, most often the paler colors, such as platinum blondes, and white or silver hair, but all colors can get dingy and yellow if you have enough iron in your water, for instance.  Bella Spirit Indigo can help color balance the brassiness out again, but it's potent enough you wouldn't want to leave it in your hair as a leave-in conditioner, it would give you a blue cast that might look odd. 

I would suggest you look at the full line of cleansing conditioners, not just the Fall Plum Pear and Fall Tuscan Pear, though I admit, the Tuscan Pear has a gorgeous scent.  Right now, due to the warehouse fire that happened a few months ago, QVC's inventory is not very good, so it's not the easiest time to try to buy several different 16 ouce bottles to see what formulas you might want to stock up on.  However, if you look at the gallons, you will find a much better, more detailed description of what formulas work best for what hair types, though most of the formulas are pretty  universal.  Looking at the seasonals, especially, will let you know what each one smells like, and offer you a chance at formulas that you can't otherwise get, the spring and summer formulas.  You might just adore the scent of lilacs, for instance, so the spring formula that accentuates that smell might be a good choice for you.  Chaz does quite a variety of floral and fruity scents in his products, because the extracts of those products have natural benefits for the hair and scalp.  Or, if you don't want much or any fragrance there is 319 or the even less scented Fragrance Free rice-based formula, it's really, really light.  Among all the different formulas, I am sure you can find some you will love and that will work well for your hair.

Honored Contributor

@CamilleP   You have been a great help, I appreciate you explaining it all to me...I am 67, and do color my hair, but am also thrifty so I only have it colored every 4 months, my friends have their hair colored much more often.  I just don't like sitting in the chair that often..but do get a hair cut every 4 weeks.

Right now the grey is mostly in the front and almost looks like I had highlights put in....the color is not really grey...honest... just absence of color but my hair dresser says it's grey, lol! 

I will take a look at my options, again, thank you.

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  It sounds like you may have a fairly short haircut?  If so, then your WEN needs would be quite reasonable, I hope you find something you love!