WEN

Regular Contributor

FYI: Fall duo better deal than the gallon

Was about to order my FTP gallon for $169 when I noticed there's a 32oz duo for $68 (so $136 for a gallon). They probably should take that down...

Also, 10.5% back at Ibotta currently!

IMG_3715.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: FYI: Fall duo better deal than the gallon

Way to pay attention!  Thanks for letting others know.

Honored Contributor

Gallons aren't always the cheapest way to go.  From time to time there are better deals.  The holiday trios are an even better deal--if they're available this year for the same price as they've been in the past.  And if you want the formulas offered.

Sometimes certain scents are only available in certain configurations.

Regular Contributor

@geezerette Oh definitely! I bought my MIF gallon as that's the only way to get a good deal on that, but just pointing it out for the fall scents!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greenqueen  But there are 128 fluid ounces in a gallon, so the Duo comes out to $272 per gallon - quite a bit more expensive.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr Two sets would be a gallon

32oz x 4= 128oz

$68 x 2= $136

Honored Contributor

@Greenqueen ...Can you tell me why you like WEN?  I have never tried it, but wonder if it would help my color last longer as well.

I have no issues with my hair, so I am not sure what I would/should expect if I purchased the product,  thanks!

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs, I know I'm not who you asked your question of, but I hope I can respond and help you anyway.  I can say with assurance that your color will last longer if you use WEN, all you will need is root touch-ups, unless you want to change colors entirely.  I don't color my hair, but a few times I've used "fun" colors to streak it, and it lasted way, way past the "fun" stage, I had to use a chemical color remover to not have green, blue or teal stripes in my hair any more.  I don't use "fun" colors any more, LOL!

As to what to expect, you should expect softer, shinier, silkier hair, and depending on the texture, more spring and bounce in your curls.  Also, probably less breakage, and probably longer periods between cleansings, unless, like me, you work out and sweat and need to cleanse every day..  And, of course, better color retention.  Since you have no issues, you can pick a formula based on whatever scent you most want to try.  I am quite partial to Fall Ginger Pumpkin and Winter Vanilla Mint, myself, but right now, with gallons on sale, you can pick from any of the seasonals, which are normally not available year round.  If you really don't like fragrance in your hair products, I recommend you try 319, it's a very, very light scent that rinses out entirely, and doesn't even linger if you use it as a leave-in, once it dries.  If you do worry about brassiness, then you might want to get some Bella Spirit Indigo, as well as a non-colored formula, as the purple really does tone down brassiness in colored hair, especially. 

That's all I can think of tell you right now, @Mom2Dogs , but feel free to ask anything else you want to know, and I'll do my best to answer you.

Honored Contributor

@Greenqueen - Thanks for letting everyone know. I'm with you. I figured it out once, so I double check when I order. I did get one gallon once, but I like to use different ones. Besides, I don't have a lot of room in or near my shower!  

So I try to stick to my favorite 32 oz. size.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom  I also don't have a place in my shower for a gallon, but I just pump CC from the gallon into a 32 ounce bottle when I need a refill.  That way I get the price break from buying the gallons, which, since there will be no holiday trio Big Deal-type sale this year, is the only price break I'm going to get.