WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: FAS - Fall Apple Spice - CC sale

@IssyGirl wrote:

Thank you @FleaMktQn, I would have never found this if it wasn't for your post.  It's just a downward arrow, so sneaky Smiley Happy

I've never tried FAS as I've read that some people found it too intense (there is a summer CC that I could not deal with, it was so intense, so I was hesitant).  I love all the other fall smells, so half off is the perfect opportunity to try it anyway. 

If you never tried FAS @IssyGirl I would suggest that you only purchase a small amount of it.  Many of us couldn't use it.  Although, FTP is the only fall scent that I like. 

I am not really a fan of most fall seasonal scents.  For example, when some bath and body products are offered in pumpkin and other fall scents, I won't purchase them.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll be curious to see what those of you new to FAS think of it, btoh performance and scent-wise.  FYI, since it wasn't presented this year, it may help to know how Chaz said he came up with this scent.  Chaz said that this scent replicates one of his favorite fall treats his grandma used to make for him, which is a kind of apple dumpling.  It does smell like a sweet (maple) baked apple something.  I've never heard anybody mention this, but I do smell a kind of pie crust-like smell when I use it, along with maple and a baked apple scent.

Respected Contributor

@posterchild wrote:

I'll be curious to see what those of you new to FAS think of it, but performance and scent-wise.  FYI, since it wasn't presented this year, Chaz said that this scent replicates one of his favorite fall treats his grandma used to make for him, which is a kind of apple dumpling.  It does smell like a sweet (maple) baked apple something.  I've never heard anybody mention this, but I do smell a kind of pie crust-like smell when I use it.

@posterchild I am a FAS newbie. My order (1 gallon and a 32oz) is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. 😀 I am a daily cleanser and will be sure to use it right away, as I have no self control. 😂 I will definitely report back after giving it a fair go. I also ordered the FAS oil and RTM after they went to half off also. That order is supposed to be delivered Tues. Oils are my favorite. So far I have been in love with every fall scent I have tried (FGP, FTP and FVWP). I really have my fingers crossed for FAS. They all mix great too. I will let you know. 

Super Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom - Just FYI, I edited my post a bit to give a bit more description about what I smell.  Of course, like all scents, us wenners all smelled something different.  :-)

Super Contributor

Also for you new FAS users, unless you adore the scent, you may not wish to use it as your leave in, as it retains its scent more than Chaz's other formulas.  Unlike others, while I could still smell it in my hair while blow drying or if I held my hair up to my nose, I could not smell it otherwise nor could those around me.  Other wenners reported other experiences.  Anyway, just a thought for those of you who haven't used it before.  In the meantime, prepare for KAPOW performance.  :-)

Occasional Contributor

@Susan25 wrote:

@IssyGirl wrote:

Thank you @FleaMktQn, I would have never found this if it wasn't for your post.  It's just a downward arrow, so sneaky Smiley Happy

I've never tried FAS as I've read that some people found it too intense (there is a summer CC that I could not deal with, it was so intense, so I was hesitant).  I love all the other fall smells, so half off is the perfect opportunity to try it anyway. 

If you never tried FAS @IssyGirl I would suggest that you only purchase a small amount of it.  Many of us couldn't use it.  Although, FTP is the only fall scent that I like. 

I am not really a fan of most fall seasonal scents.  For example, when some bath and body products are offered in pumpkin and other fall scents, I won't purchase them.  

Yes, I got a smallish amount Smiley Happy  3 x 16oz cause I wanted free shipping Smiley Wink  It'll get delivered today, so I'll try it out tomorrow.  Nothing like the excitement of trying a new wen scent!!!!

Occasional Contributor

My FAS arrived last night and I used it this morning!  I really like the smell and it is definitely on the 'strong' scale of scents.  I get mostly maple syrup which is nice.  Did not use as leave in conditioner and I can still smell it on my hair.  This is fine with me as I like the scent.  As far as performance, probably difficult to say after only one use, but it seems in line with the other fall scents.  Perhaps a bit drying, but I switch CCs pretty much daily to include my all time favorite performing BGT.  FYI:  I have baby fine, highlighted hair.

I'm contemplating going for the oil.... 

Valued Contributor

@IssyGirl wrote:

My FAS arrived last night and I used it this morning!  I really like the smell and it is definitely on the 'strong' scale of scents.  I get mostly maple syrup which is nice.  Did not use as leave in conditioner and I can still smell it on my hair.  This is fine with me as I like the scent.  As far as performance, probably difficult to say after only one use, but it seems in line with the other fall scents.  Perhaps a bit drying, but I switch CCs pretty much daily to include my all time favorite performing BGT.  FYI:  I have baby fine, highlighted hair.

I'm contemplating going for the oil.... 

@IssyGirl Go for the oil! At these prices, you can't leave it. I feel the oil and RTM smell more like apples and less like maple. I really like the oil. I'm glad you like FAS, it's one of my favorites. 

**Suz**
Respected Contributor

Rec'd my FAS gallon and 32oz CC's today. I won't be cleansing until tomorrow so this is just my initial thoughts after smelling it in the bottle for the 1st time: I really like it. You ladies all did a great job of describing the scent, which is why I decided to order it after hearing the curly girls love it. I had honestly never been intrtested in it bc I don't actually care for apple or apple spice things. Anything apple fall scented I avoid. But, the FAS was described as more of a maple scent with a hint of apple. I love maple scents and was actually glad to hear this. Being strong scented was a bonus as I like when I can smell the CC scents in my hair all day. Again, this is only based on sniffing the open bottle. But, yes, mostly maple, this hits you 1st, then I catch a very light crisp apple scent. Perfect! Not much for spice either which is also a good thing to me. Can't wait to see how this scent is in the shower and how it performs, but so far so good. 

Respected Contributor

I would be very happy if Chaz offers the same sale on the WCM products during the winter.  I definitely would take advantage of this and purchase more CC, oil and rtm if all were offered at half price.