WEN

Esteemed Contributor

I love my Wen candles... alot, yet would feel remiss by not sharing this Slatkin Black Friday Limited Edition duo in Midnight Leaves. 

When I opened the package I smelled something distantly familiar. It didn't take too long before I realized  this candle smells like Wen's Fall Apple Spice! I was delighted. I'd always thought FAS would make a cozy home fragrance, especially at this time of the year... 

Its a complex aroma that is very rich with deep caramel veiled in spice and an apple hug. Quite enveloping with a cold throw that has scented half of my home. Beyond my ah ha moment of recognizing the uncanny similarity to FAS are the beautiful gunmetal glass hobnail vessels. These are heavy, two hands heavy for lifting. There's a lid so repurposing later has many options. I'm so pleased with everything about this LE duo that I've ordered a backup. So perfect for the cooler temps, so very cozy, warm and inviting... something that we need now more than ever. A candle hug in a scent many here loved and miss.

🍁🍁🍁🍎🍎🍎🕯🕯🕯

Screenshot_20201204-113259_Chrome.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: FALL APPLE SPICE LOVERS!

[ Edited ]

Funny you should mention this, because I signed on to complain  about my Slatkin TSV Candles

Mine have absolutely NO SMELL at all!  Smiley Sad

I don't know if  I just got 2 bad batch's or what .

Sadly,I bought 2 sets and can smell NOTHING !

$100 wasted..............I'm soooooooooo dissapointed!

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS 

Glad you love your new candle...I thought when I read the title of your post that FAS was going to be available again!..lol

I guess it's good it's not as my pocket book is worn out...Smiley Happy  (I am in the camp of FAS loversSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

someone posted about a candle that got REALLY hot and could not be handled or something like that.  I was wondering if it was that one.  It sounded familiar.  I could be wrong.  If anyone knows, please post it.

I was reading posts.  Two people were discussing it and then one poster said, I hope you're gonna tell QVC and not just gossip about it.  I told my husband and we were laughing.  I thought.....ouch!

Esteemed Contributor

@MalteseMomma 

I finally received the Slatkin Bakery Shoppe tsv trio and find no problem with the scents. They're all clear and distinct with a nice cold throw. Same for my woodsy trio which arrived first. I'm rather new to ordering this brand and cannot speak to prior offerings, other than a collection of the fruit stand tsv offered a few years ago. There were several choices, apple, peach, strawberry and blueberry that I recall and my selections were fully fragranced.

The only thing that comes to mind is the possibility of different batches during production that may account for the disparity in scent that you and others have experienced. Needless to say, this is truly disappointing and unacceptable. Are you returning your tsv's as defective?

I feel badly about your not being able to enjoy your purchases.

Esteemed Contributor

@quadmimi 

I absolutely love this candle! It is outstanding and back ups are on the way. I'm just delighted with the warm similarity to the FAS. I know you and many would love to see the CC come back but for me this is the next best way to hold on to that favorite memory. 

I also just received the Slatkin Crimson Currant duo. And here again this reminds me of another Wen scent, the Winter Red Currant. On my first cold smell I thought gee, I could wear this, only to realize I do wear and love the WRC edp as one of my cool weather scents. Again, a tremendous similarity with the difference being the geranium in the WRC vs the patchouli in this. This has a softer edge with the Turkish rose petals buffering and unifying all of the notes. It is a year round scent and not necessarily one relegated to a particular season, imo. Here's a pic for anyone interested... I'm loving this too!

20201213_121159.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@rochelleS thanks for the tip. I’m a FAS lover as well and always thought it would be a good home scent. I think I may have solved my problem of not being able to enjoy candles as much as I once did because I have multiple cats now. Last night while it was snowing I pulled out one of my WVM candles which fits perfectly in my glass hurricane.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ANewHue 

What a perfect solution to burning candles with cats in the household! I hope you can now continue to enjoy your candles with the hurricane glass protecting your kitties. 

I am just over the moon with the delicious similarity this Slatkin candle has to the FAS. The creamy maple and rich caramel, perfectly spiced with that apple hug is beyond delicious.This truly is a wonderful home fragrance! 

Esteemed Contributor

@rochelleS Now you really peaked my interest with these candles because I always loved FAS . I really shouldn’t because I’ve been doing some serious damage lately. As a matter of fact I realized I was down to my last WVM candle so I ordered that. Yes, I think this maybe the solution . The hurricane is on my ottoman in front of me so as long as I stay on the couch it should be okay. I really miss lighting my candles the past few years and have only indulged with my Wen candles every now and then.
Esteemed Contributor

@ANewHue 

Well I certainly will not discourage you from purchasing these candles yet I understand where you are coming from...but, if something should happen to change you should call CS for a price adjustment as it just went up this past week. See my op for the lower price if needed.