WEN

Frequent Contributor

I just got today in the mail, an expired Wen from 2015. Here are 2 photos of it. I opened it and it smelled of rotten eggs. I cannot belive that I got a 5 year old Wen. Why is Wen selling out old expired products?? 

I've seen many others complain about this issue before and now it happened to me. I think I'm just about done with Wen. For any of you who think that it's ok to use old expired stuff and paying to dollars for it, be my guest. Keep your remarks to yourselves. I think it's not ok to get 5 year old products. 0.jpg0.jpg

Super Contributor

I don't use Wen anymore--stopped using it when there was an indicment against the company--did give it a try but really didn't care for it--anyway--here's what I'm thinking--where has this stuff been all this time?--what wherehouse?--on the shelf somewhere in the back?--unacceptable

Respected Contributor

@akdld You’re absolutely right. That’s ridiculous.

Valued Contributor

" Why is Wen selling out old expired products?? "Although I'd love to say because Wen is not a good company (and I don't think it is)  too be fair it's probably a QVC warehouse issue

Trusted Contributor

That date is a manufacturing date. There isn't an expiration date on Wen products. So every Wen product you purchase will have a date in the past, even if it was made yesterday. You will never see a date in the future because it couldn't have been made yet. But it is confusing for many consumers.

They say it's good for two years after opening. I've had open containers in cool, dark closets for 4-5 years and they were perfectly fine. Some have a 2015 date and I'm using them now. But if anything ever smelled bad of course I wouldn't use it.

KJPA
Esteemed Contributor
How many times are we going to go over this? Exactly @KJPA. I have always stocked my products and have never had a problem. Recently I opened a gallon of BGT that was at least four years old and it was fine. I have to ? All of these posts.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Expired Wen

[ Edited ]

@ANewHue wrote:
How many times are we going to go over this? Exactly @KJPA. I have always stocked my products and have never had a problem. Recently I opened a gallon of BGT that was at least four years old and it was fine. I have to ? All of these posts.

Everytime someone get a 5 year old product. The did not sign up for that and would not have ordered it if they knew that was the case.

Honored Contributor

It's one thing to have stuff stockpiled  by yourself but shipping 5 year old product is not good

Respected Contributor

If your Wen smells like rotten eggs return it...Wen is good for 2 years after opened, no issues here ever. Many products not just Wen are good for periods before & after opened. It's your personnel choice to not continue.  Creating a thread will get you many different responses.

It's better you just settle this with CS & then find something you aren't uncomfortable withSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor
@quadmimi well said & thank you. Could swear this is not the first time this appeared /same person.