WEN

Respected Contributor

Sorry for posting twice.  I got shook up reading Drythe's post.  Thank you Nikki48 for your concern.  I see alot of evacs.  I'm in the northeast, a stone's throw from NY but they have red over us.  There is no watches or warnings....yet.  We had no power for 2.5 weeks during Hurricane Sandy so I'm wary.

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife - Your InLaws may have to evac by this afternoon - I heard Edisto people were told to leave or they were on their own - Emergency crews would not be back to help them - YIKES! Hope they heed the warnings and get out soon.

@Drythe - Are you doing the Eastern part or the western part of the state? We are waiting for updated info but might leave later today or tomorrow if we need to. You take care and hug those special fur babies you will be taking of.

Stay safe all!!!

Super Contributor

Yes everyone please stay safe.  I am in Northern FL and hoping it does not effect us too much but you never know and we are getting prepared.

Valued Contributor

@Drythe - your post brought tears to my eyes.  What a wonderful thing to do - thank you for watching out for these helpless animals.   God bless you and keep you safe.

Respected Contributor

@Drythe Y'all are awesome! What a wonderful thing to do. Please stay safe!

@nikki48 We live in the midlands of SC, just supposed to get a little rain (if that). What's going on in my area is the schools are closed for the rest of the week so they can be used as shelters if necessary. My church also has two large buildings that are certified shelters. We can host around 500 people, if necessary.

I have 2 nieces in Myrtle Beach, though...hopefully they are on the way here to stay with their mom.

Stay safe everyone!

Trusted Contributor

It looks like this hurricane will skim the east coast from Florida to NC. I pray you all are safe and far enough inland. They are now saying its getting stronger. Stay safe everyone!

And the girls that go out of their way to help others and animals... You are the sweetest! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! and applause for what you do!!!

#IAmTeamWen
Trusted Contributor

All Wenners affected by this storm, please take care of yourselves and stay safe!  😐❤️

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

Re: East Coast Wenners

[ Edited ]

Thanks for starting this thread @nikki48! Sending safey to everyone! I think we will just see rain and darkness (peidmont NC), but I have a lot of friends and family in higher risk areas. Praying for everyone and sending love.

As usual, I am SO amazed by your commitment to the animals @Drythe! You are so wonderful.

Also, I ask everyone to hold Haiti in your hearts.

Trusted Contributor

@yisbuff2 wrote:

Thanks for starting this thread @nikki48! Sending safey to everyone! I think we will just see rain and darkness (peidmont NC), but I have a lot of friends and family in higher risk areas. Praying for everyone and sending love.

As usual, I am SO amazed by your commitment to the animals @Drythe! You are so wonderful.

Also, I ask everyone to hold Haiti in your hearts.

Yes! Poor Haiti, they are always experiencing a disaster. Thoughts and Prayers!!

#IAmTeamWen
Valued Contributor

My area made it through with some power outage (not me though) and minimal damage. Praying for those to the north who are in harm's way, it looks bad.