WEN

Honored Contributor

@77yangya...my hairdresser used the diffuser on my curls and it (pardon the pun) blew away my current one. Honestly, my current one is the reason I mostly air dry. It just doesn’t do much for my curls. I also like that the Dyson isn’t heavy. My hand/arm gets so tired with my current one and the Dyson is light & the perfect size for travel.

On another note...y’all should really come visit Hawaii. I’m not a walking tourist encyclopedia so I suggest research No it to see which island(s) may interest you most. Now that I’ve lived here for 9 years, I can suggest if you want to see mu,title Islands, spend 1/2 of your vacation one one & 1/2  on another. We’ve had friends try to visit 3 or 4 Islands and it was just too much travel time. Island hopping here isn’t like the Caribbean where you can jump on a boat and be on another island on 10 minutes. You have to fly, but Hawaiian Airlines is one of the best I’ve ever flown. ALOHA!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Hi SurferWife!  I forgot to ask you.  I remember you mentioned that you have a Dyson fan at home too.  Does it do cool AND warm air, or just is it a regular fan?   I always wanted to know since they came out but never did find out.  I also wanted to hear from someone who actually has one too! 

Honored Contributor

@77yangya...ours is just a fan. It doesn’t warm or cool. It’s nice, though. One of my favorite features is it’s easy to clean. I don’t have to take it apart like other brands, i.e., Vornado, to clean the Toby hair out!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@Jannyg wrote:

My hairdresser has one and LOVES it.  It really does dry hair fast and you're left with good shine.  She did tell me that last Christmas Ulta had a 20% off coupon and did allow it to be used on a Dyson.  If they do it this year, I'm getting one.  My latest Ulta coupon says that it does not apply to Dyson.  It's the same with Bed, Bath & Beyond.  Dyson does not allow discounting so I assumed that QVC would keep the price at $399 and throw in some extras.

Sephora allows you to uses their 20% coupons because I bought one.  There is a huge learning curve and it caused my hair to look like it had theses kinky little frizzy pieces that I had never seen before.  Someone here told me to lower the heat which I did, and it took just as long to dry my hair as my conair.  Plus, I hate where the switches are.  They are on top of the handle, so it’s hard to switch the temps.  I returned it.  If they come out with a redesigned handle, I might give it another try.  Don’t expect QVC to offer a lower price.  They most likely will offer other things in a package.  I think it’s time that Dyson lowers the price. 

I like where the heat switch is I change it while holding could not do that with old dryer 

Respected Contributor

OH, I see!  Thank you, SurferWife for your answer.  Yes, they look easy to clean!  That's great.

Honored Contributor

@77yangya I have a Dyson house fan at home, which I use in one room that doesn't seem to heat/cool as well as the other rooms.

I got it a couple of years ago from QVC. It heats and it cools, has a remote, etc. It works really well, and I am amazed that you can stick your hand thru it (no blades), pick it up with your hand inside it, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@ShopperGirl15 & @77yangya, I’ve been using my Dyson hair dryer for a week now & ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ it! It’s so lightweight, even with the diffuser attached. The heaviness of my old dryer is one reason I started air-drying. The Dyson really adds a lot of volume to my curls (vs. air drying). I have a shorter style so it takes less than 5 minutes to dry my entire head. I haven’t tried the nozzles because I diffuse my bangs too, instead of blowing them straight. It’s a definite KEEPER!