WEN

Super Contributor

Dyson hair dryer

[ Edited ]

has anyone used this?  My sister in law got one and loves it.  Just wondering if it really is worth the $400 price tag.  Thoughts??

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
-Walt Disney
Esteemed Contributor

@simollie wrote:

has anyone used this?  My sister in law got one and loves it.  Just wondering if it really is worth the $400 price tag.  Thoughs??

Wow....does it come with your own Beautician...

Honored Contributor

I haven't tried this one, but I jumped on the bandwagon for another expensive (by my standards) brand costing about $200 and it didn't work a bit better than my $30 Conair hair dryer.

I won't make that mistake again.

What can they do to a hair dryer to make it worth $400? I'm clueless.

Maybe you should google it for reviews.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@simollieCan you try hers before you spend that kind of money?

Super Contributor

I got a preview email for it a few months back. 

Love the pink color but will wait until it's out for awhile and for some solid reviews. In the meantime, I'm content with my Buttercup.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops

Great idea, Millie!

What works great on SIL's hair may not work the same on yours.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

The Dyson hair dryers I see on Amazon are $700 to $800.  People who'd pay that much for a hair dryer aren't living on the same planet as I.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I'm all about new blow dryers, but I did purchase the Dyson fan/heater combo and the wind tunnel design is not very powerful at all.  It does warm up a room quietly, but the "fan" function for when you want to move the if around the room, is not effective.  I cannot feel any air at all from 6 feet away and my older fan blew at least 10-15 feet when on high.

If the reviews are great and I find this as a better price at Costco or QVC with attachments, I will certainly be interested.  I like my buttercup a lot but it is heavy and after 2-3 years using it I do not mind splurging on something new.

Super Contributor
It is very expensive in Amazons site but dyson has it for right at $399. If she didn't live 3 hours away I may try hers. We have the same hair type so I'm sure if it works for her it'd work for me. The last dryer I bought was $200 and it works great. Had it about 6 yrs now and it's starting to give out me so I'm on the hunt for a new one. May hold off and see more reviews on this. The ones that are out there are pretty good.
-Walt Disney
Super Contributor
Oh and it comes with 3 attachments including a diffuser.
-Walt Disney