WEN

Trusted Contributor

Dry oil experience

[ Edited ]

My dry oils just arrived! Of course I had to try it out right away. 

Here's the interesting thing... after opening, I sprayed it in the palm of my hand first. When I touched it to rub it in there was an almost foaming reaction. I also had a white residue in the palm of my hand. Now, just to fully disclose... I had just handled the packages so I dont know if it was reacting with something on my hands or if this was just the product alone. 

To be fair, I washed and dried my hands. I also remembered I had not shaken the bottle and I sprayed quite a bit of dry oil. So retrying (with clean yet dry hands), I did not have as much of the "foaming" effect. It was a tiny bit. As of now, my palm doesnt show that residue. So either the bottle needs to be shaken, I used too much or there was something on the boxes it reacted to. 

Back to spraying.... I sprayed it on my arm and rubbed it in. It does completely disappear yet it leaves a silky but non oily feeling.  I then sprayed it in my hair. It gives a glossy shine but again doesnt leave an oily feeling. The spray is very fine, as Chaz said during the presentation. So it doesnt feel like you are actually being sprayed but a very fine mist has just lightly brushed you. 

I am cleansing tomorrow so I will play around with it more. But I like it so far.. surprisingly I like it more on my skin than hair (I will use both ways though). Since I have combination/oily skin I will apply it to my face and see if it gives me a lasting matte finish. If it does, I could kiss Chaz! My skin pretty much eats my foundation, so anything that keeps that from happening I will buy by the case. 

Feel free to share your first impressions!

#IAmTeamWen
Frequent Contributor

thnx for your initial evaluation. my 319 dry oil is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. i'm anxious to try it. Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

@sznk wrote:

thnx for your initial evaluation. my 319 dry oil is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. i'm anxious to try it. Woman Happy

@sznk, please share your thoughts and reaction. If this works as well as I am hoping I think we will find plenty of uses for it. 

#IAmTeamWen
Respected Contributor

Hi, nikki48!  Thank you for your post!  Mine is arriving today.  I would've gotten mine sooner but my orders started getting transferred from UPS Ground to USPS.  My postal service is awful.  We get our mail at 6:00 to 6:30PM.  If I'm expecting a package it takes a LONG time so I called the Q and they changed my one order to not transfer.  The other one, the post office already has.  I don't know why they're waiting to deliver it but...

Anyway, Wow!  I wonder if shaking before using is necessary.  I don't remember Chaz saying anything about that but he did say you have to pump a lot to get it to go into the pump straw.  Why do you like it better on body than hair?  He said we can use it on wet or dry hair.  I"m gonna try both!  I was hoping someone would post their review!  I have very oily skin and if I use foundation I have the same thing happen to me.  I spray with the RTM to try to set it.

When I get mine, I'll post!  Thank you for posting yours!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Dry oil experience

[ Edited ]

I got my dry oil today too, and I'm glad I ordered it Smiley Very Happy

Was gonna let this go but Chaz talked me into it LOL Woman LOL

@nikki48  I didn't have any of the foaminess or residue that you got. I sprayed it in my hair & on my face. My forehead was feeling pretty greasy and the dry oil did exactly like Chaz said, the oiliness went away & my face feels like satin, even 3 hours later it's nice & matte Smiley Surprised

It did add instant shine to my hair too, but no oily feel. I'm excited to see how it does on wet hair Cat Very Happy

I also think I'll like it better for my skin than my hair but we'll see how it does on wet hair, I may change my mind Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

Hi, nikki48!  Thank you for your post!  Mine is arriving today.  I would've gotten mine sooner but my orders started getting transferred from UPS Ground to USPS.  My postal service is awful.  We get our mail at 6:00 to 6:30PM.  If I'm expecting a package it takes a LONG time so I called the Q and they changed my one order to not transfer.  The other one, the post office already has.  I don't know why they're waiting to deliver it but...

Anyway, Wow!  I wonder if shaking before using is necessary.  I don't remember Chaz saying anything about that but he did say you have to pump a lot to get it to go into the pump straw.  Why do you like it better on body than hair?  He said we can use it on wet or dry hair.  I"m gonna try both!  I was hoping someone would post their review!  I have very oily skin and if I use foundation I have the same thing happen to me.  I spray with the RTM to try to set it.

When I get mine, I'll post!  Thank you for posting yours!!

@77yangya, I don't remember Chaz saying anything about shaking it either, I tried it thinking maybe the ingredients seperated in the heat. It was around 90 degrees today. I really like the way it makes my skin feel, I can see myself using it most often this way. I am going to try it in combination with the 319 NIBT. 

#IAmTeamWen
Trusted Contributor

@FleaMktQn wrote:

I got my dry oil today too, and I'm glad I ordered it Smiley Very Happy

Was gonna let this go but Chaz talked me into it LOL Woman LOL

@nikki48  I didn't have any of the foaminess or residue that you got. I sprayed it in my hair & on my face. My forehead was feeling pretty greasy and the dry oil did exactly like Chaz said, the oiliness went away & my face feels like satin, even 3 hours later it's nice & matte Smiley Surprised

It did add instant shine to my hair too, but no oily feel. I'm excited to see how it does on wet hair Cat Very Happy

I also think I'll like it better for my skin than my hair but we'll see how it does on wet hair, I may change my mind Smiley Wink

@FleaMktQn, thanks for the feedback, I'm happy you didnt have that. I think it may have been something on my boxes. There is no telling what UPS and USPS has laying around on their trucks. I didnt see a residue anywhere after that first try. I am going to try it on freshly cleansed hair tomorrow as well. Glad you are loving it too! 

#IAmTeamWen
Esteemed Contributor

@nikki48

Thanks so much for you impressions. Over the years I have put my oils in a spray container or my glossing serum  even tried mixed them but creating only a mess on my walls.  I had this in my cart and so want to try it but I have to be careful with the silicone . I do get whiteheads if there is silicone on my face and my hair gets crazy if overdoing it. I have to take care when using my glossing serum or my styling creme.  Let us know over the course of time what your outcomes are. You always have great success with your hair.  

Regular Contributor

@nikki48 Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to getting mine so I can try it. 

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone:  Okay, I got mine last night.  I used it wet and dry.  It DOES make the skin soft and it melts right in after a few seconds.  My hair is so ultra shiny now so it didn't make much difference there but it softened the hair, it toned down my poofyness.  Is that a word, poofyness?  I don't think so.  LOL!!!!  Anyway, I do like it, I got it in 613 and it smells heavenly.  I'm gonna keep mine and use it.  I just now tried spritzing it into my hands and rubbed them together and applyied to sides of my hair.  A LOT better.  Makes it shine and NO frizz.  It's a bit humid but my hair got so dag gone thick, this really helps without weighing down.  Okay, my vote is in.  I vote YES, I like it.  It has REAL potential.

You know what's so amazing, is that it just smooths out, no slick feeling behind!  LOL!  It's really different!

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for being so nice when I was suffering with oral surgery.  Thank you to everyone.  Really, it helped more than you'll know.