WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Don't Like The Smell Of SOB?

[ Edited ]

I dislike the Spring Orange Blossom fragrance, and came across something unusual when whipping up cc for today's Wenwash.

👉I was whipping STP cc into a BIG golfball of SOB cc, and when I got to about 33% STP in the cup and added hot water to pre-whip, I could barely smell either of them.

It's like these two strong fragrances nearly cancelled each other out.

I even took the cup outside to smell it in fresh air. I got a faint smell of coconut and SOB, which got even more faint as I whipped in more water.

👉For those who pre-whip, please try this combo and tell me if I'm crazy, or do these two strong scents become almost nothing when whipped together with water added?

I think the performance of these two together will be fantastic.

Honored Contributor

Re: Don't Like The Smell Of SOB?

I didn't like Spring Orange Blossom at first, but it grew on me. I do not mix other scents with the seasonals.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge  I don't have any STP, but this morning when I pre-whipped I did SOB/SHL/TT

The tea tree won out in my mix, (sadly)..I will try SOB/SHL tomorrow as I cleanse everyday..(although that doesn't help you on your question..Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge I did not notice a change that dramatic - I did notice the STP seemed to have a more pineapple/coconut scent and hardly smelled the SOB at all.

The results of these two combined is terrific! I had more curl/wave and hair looked great.

Esteemed Contributor

😄Lol!  @quadmimi

the eucalyptus in TT wins out over everything except Fall Apple (🍁maple) Spice. (too bad he didn't add some good bacon smell to that maple)

My pre-whip had been mellowing for a few hours. Now I'm getting the faintest Ambrosia Coconut-Fruit Marshmallow Fluff smell. lol!

I just compared it, side by side with a cup of whipped 319. The fragrance free is more intense than the whipped SOB&STP.

I used SOB with SHL last Monday (and I thought It really was a stinky combo). 

Esteemed Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@x Hedge I did not notice a change that dramatic - I did notice the STP seemed to have a more pineapple/coconut scent and hardly smelled the SOB at all.

The results of these two combined is terrific! I had more curl/wave and hair looked great.

@riley1, when I first started adding STP and mixing it in, I noticed a coconut smell. I love coconut!

But I can't ever pick out that smell in STP alone.

(I can't smell it in SMC either.)

But it all faded to nearly nothing when I whipped in the water.

I'm excited about your good results with this combo!

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

😄Lol!  @quadmimi

the eucalyptus in TT wins out over everything except Fall Apple (🍁maple) Spice. (too bad he didn't add some good bacon smell to that maple)

My pre-whip had been mellowing for a few hours. Now I'm getting the faintest Ambrosia Coconut-Fruit Marshmallow Fluff smell. lol!

I just compared it, side by side with a cup of whipped 319. The fragrance free is more intense than the whipped SOB&STP.

I used SOB with SHL last Monday (and I thought It really was a stinky combo). 

@x Hedge  lol maybe I shouldn't try it..Smiley Happy...My favorite scent is CLV & FTP..I am going to go crazy on those this year!..FAS is my fav for curls, but yeh, even TT couldn't tame it.Smiley Happy Everyday I am so glad I tried the whipped-wen! Thanks again...

Respected Contributor

Hi @x Hedge.  I only mix when I'm applying on my head for cleansing.  I don't mix in bottles because I found that one scent may not go too welll with another.  Maybe this is what happened?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@77yangya, This is about what happened when I was pre-whipping a batch of WEN.

In this case I whipped two strong smelling formulas and the final smell was much fainter than either formula alone.

I just posted because it's an oddity.

@77yangya wrote:

Hi @x Hedge.  I only mix when I'm applying on my head for cleansing.  I don't mix in bottles because I found that one scent may not go too welll with another.  Maybe this is what happened?

no, pre-whipped WEN is not mixing together in bottles, like a Frankenbott.

You pump out your usual amount of pumps/golfballs of one or more formulas into a small container, then slowly add a thread of hot water as you mix mix mix, (I use a popsicle stick) until it emulsifes and becomes a creamy whipped consistency, and the volume of WEN in the container is more or less doubled.

I find it easier to use if I pre-whip because WEN is so concentrated and my porous hair 'grabs' it otherwise.

Respected Contributor

@x HedgeOk I did the SOB & SHL, oddly I could only smell the SHL!..Maybe the way I pre-mix it? not sure, but I liked what it did for my hair...(we are traveling & I only have those 2 scents & TT where we are staying..lol