WEN

Super Contributor

Does Wen have a clarifying treatment?

I have been using the same cheap hairspray forever and a day. Just recently it has been giving me build up even though the formula has not changed..  Friends tell me to use a clarifying shampoo but I don't really want to use shampoo since I use Wen.  If Wen has a product to clarify and remove this build up I would certainly try it.  I know I also need to find a new hairspray.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Does Wen have a clarifying treatment?

Cucumber aloe is the most clarifying and he recommends it for after swimming to remove chlorine but I'm not sure if it will remove whatever the hairspray built up is if regular Wen doesn't. You could use just a tiny amount of clarifying shampoo before Wen.  But I would't want to to do that every time. Have you switched hairspray? The new Wen hairspray that came in the Wen TSV is really nice. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

Thank you for your reply @jaxs mom!  I haven't switched hairspray since I just figured out it was hairspray.  I had been thinking I fried my hair until I took a closer look.  I found a recipe online to get ris of the build up and it worked pretty well.  I took a tablespoon of baking soda and mixed it with a handful of Wen and rubbed it on the areas that had the buildup trying not to scrub the scalp.  Then I rinsed with 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar and 1 cup of water.  Then I cleansed with Wen cc. so I didn't smell like a salad.  

I need a hairspray that holds really well.  I have shorter hair and don't like it to move much.  Does the Wen hairspray have that kind of hold?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not using it the same way you want to so I'm not sure. You could also try watching the presentation video for the hairspray, because they did sell it alone on QVC last month. I'm still experimenting with it. I will say the Volumizing Treatment Spray has really strong hold though so you might want to try that one. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Hi Lizzy E.  I never used hair spray but Chaz made the Finishing Spray as a hair spray and that holds my do and NO sticky.  I let it set and after around half an hour I just start running my fingers through, breaking it all up and re-arranging my hair with fingers and it's soft and bouncy and NOT sticky at all.  Yes, the Cucumber Aloe is the most clarifying.  I find that any Wen cleansing conditioner gets my hair squeaky clean.  As I'm doing my final rinse, it's really clean, I can feel it.  My scalp feels refreshed and clean.  After drying, same thing.  My hair is pixie length, so I do five pumps first cleanse and five for second.  It's clean, shiny, bouncy, I get compliments all over the place and I cannot keep my hands out of my hair!!! LOL!!!!