WEN

Trusted Contributor

Does Lavender RTM Make Your Hair Frizzy?

I know a lot of Wenners get frizzy hair from the LAV CC, but has anyone noticed that with the LAV RTM vs. other RTMs?

I used LAV RTM one day this week and my hair waved when it typically doesn't (and not in a good way) and was frizzy.  I hadn't used LAV RTM in years and my hair was so bad that day that I don't want to use it again to see if it was the RTM or if it was just a fluke.  

Thoughts?

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Re: Does Lavender RTM Make Your Hair Frizzy?

Yes.    I was surprised and disappointed.

Respected Contributor

Wow.  I really never used the Lavender RTM.  I didn't know it did that.  In my experience, I live in an area that has humidity in the warm/hot weather and mine can sometimes get frizzy no matter what I do to it.  When I'm plagued by humidity, I usually find less is more in that I only apply leave in and styling creme.  I do the oils three nights a week and use the RTM only when I'm not gonna cleanse the next day.  I use the RTMs usually for the smell!  LOL, especiall the PJP.  I spritz my clothes with that before ironing them.  I spritz my face and body for the scent too, I spritz my hair with it too but as far as the Lavender, I would try it again.  When you spritz it in, do you rake it in?  Sometimes, I apply it on wet hair after my leave in.  I'll use half a pump and a few spritzes of my choice of RTM and that works nicely.  You could always call the salon with the question, Chaz always encourages us to call the salon when we need advice. I found too that when I use a ceramic brush it helps to smooth the hair in humidity.  I keep my blow dryer on warm setting.  Never hot becaue mine gets too hot.  After a section is dry, I blast it with cold air to set it.  Was it humid the day you used it?  I bought an expensive brush, bore and nylon mixed bristles, it's oblong shape and a brand name one and found I was not so happy with it but cannot return it.  I didn't get it here though or from Chaz.  Oh well, live and learn.  I'm thinking of cutting my hair for the summer.

Trusted Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

Wow.  I really never used the Lavender RTM.  I didn't know it did that.  In my experience, I live in an area that has humidity in the warm/hot weather and mine can sometimes get frizzy no matter what I do to it.  When I'm plagued by humidity, I usually find less is more in that I only apply leave in and styling creme.  I do the oils three nights a week and use the RTM only when I'm not gonna cleanse the next day.  I use the RTMs usually for the smell!  LOL, especiall the PJP.  I spritz my clothes with that before ironing them.  I spritz my face and body for the scent too, I spritz my hair with it too but as far as the Lavender, I would try it again.  When you spritz it in, do you rake it in?  Sometimes, I apply it on wet hair after my leave in.  I'll use half a pump and a few spritzes of my choice of RTM and that works nicely.  You could always call the salon with the question, Chaz always encourages us to call the salon when we need advice. I found too that when I use a ceramic brush it helps to smooth the hair in humidity.  I keep my blow dryer on warm setting.  Never hot becaue mine gets too hot.  After a section is dry, I blast it with cold air to set it.  Was it humid the day you used it?  I bought an expensive brush, bore and nylon mixed bristles, it's oblong shape and a brand name one and found I was not so happy with it but cannot return it.  I didn't get it here though or from Chaz.  Oh well, live and learn.  I'm thinking of cutting my hair for the summer.

Yes, I do rake it in with my leave-in and I also lightly mist on dry hair.  The following day I used the exact same products, except for using TT RTM instead of LAV RTM and had completely different (better--no poof, wave, and much less frizz) results.  Good question about the humidity but it was relatively equal both days.  Smiley Frustrated

Maybe I'll get brave and try it again, but I'm telling you it was a really bad hair day 😆!  If not, I will still find a use for it elsewhere.  Thanks for your ideas. 😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

@software wrote:

Yes.    I was surprised and disappointed.

Me, too, as I love the scent of Chaz's LAV.  I can use the CC with better results than the day I used the RTM.  😊

Trusted Contributor

Yes! Actually, all of the Wen products that I have tried gave me dry hair. Wasted way to much Money trying to find the right combination. Smiley Sad

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Trusted Contributor

I got brave ad tried the LAV RTM again this week, and I had no problem with frizz.  I guess the day I did have a problem was just a fluke.  Mea culpa. 😊