WEN

Valued Contributor

Do you remember the Styling Stick?

Hello, Wenners! Years ago I bought a styling stick in Lavender from Chaz on QVC.  I don't remember the exact name of it, but QVC no longer carries it and I don't think Chaz even sells it anymore.  I searched his website but couldn't find it.  Over the years I didn't use it much, but today I did use it on some fly-away, broken hairs that stuck out on the right side of my head (I wore my hair in a ponytail and they really stuck out).  What a great little product - it tamed the fly-aways and also gave a shine to my hair.  

I guess it wasn't a big seller, but I wish Chaz would bring it back.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you remember the Styling Stick?

For some reason I do remembered this.  Was never for my hair type.  Memory is an odd thing.

Respected Contributor

I remember it.  It kind of took a "back seat", Chaz came out with mousses and Texturizing Spray and all that so....I looked for it on Chaz's site but it's not there.  The Botanical is so wonderful that it's not really needed.  Chaz made Bella and Wen Men pastes.  Just so many things that are so amazing.  Chaz is always tweeking and coming up with better and better things.

Valued Contributor

@77yangya  - yes, he certainly has offered us many new great products since the Styling Stick days!  I love the Botanical, too!   The Finishing Creme is another "back seat" product, although now and then Chaz brings it back.  I think it's still on his site, but he never promotes it on QVC.  The Bella Spirit products are excellent.Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

@qtrmoonlady1   Would it be the Wen Texture Balm? ( kind of the shape of the  new Bella lip treatment stick) 

There are some in Sweet Almond mint for sale on Ebay...That was a nice little product..Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@quadmimi - Yes, that's it!  The Texture Balm - thanks, I knew it had an actual name.  Maybe I'll check out E-Bay.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I have one in my nightstand as I use it on my feet in the cooler months as well. I also used it on my cuticles.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Yes, the texture balm was actually one of my first WEN products, in Fig.  At the time I had a hairstyle that I liked using the texture balm on (spiky pixie).  But as my hair took on a whole new, wonderful life by using WEN, I began to embrace my natural curls & moved beyond the texture balm (my curls did not need it).  I switched to the finishing treatment cream, which I've never lived without since discovering it.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Frequent Contributor

@qtrmoonlady1 wrote:

Hello, Wenners! Years ago I bought a styling stick in Lavender from Chaz on QVC.  I don't remember the exact name of it, but QVC no longer carries it and I don't think Chaz even sells it anymore.  I searched his website but couldn't find it.  Over the years I didn't use it much, but today I did use it on some fly-away, broken hairs that stuck out on the right side of my head (I wore my hair in a ponytail and they really stuck out).  What a great little product - it tamed the fly-aways and also gave a shine to my hair.  

I guess it wasn't a big seller, but I wish Chaz would bring it back.  Heart

Ironically, it was always Customer Top Rated.  Unfortunately it lasted so long the sales were extremely low.  I've had some for over 18 years and they're all still good.  It's a large minimum (by formula) to manufacture.  

Esteemed Contributor

@qtrmoonlady1 ,

Here's one of my "ready reference threads" on the WEN texture balm. Bebe777 linked two more texture balm threads within this thread.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/WEN/For-those-who-have-used-the-texture-balm/m-p/2322382#M16897

The balm is great on flyaways, but it's easy to get too much. I have Fig and CA balms, and often use it in winter. I put it on my palms and hold them to the portable heater until the balm is melty soft, then spread wherever I need it on hair and skin. A little goes a looong way if you really warm it like this before applying.