WEN

Super Contributor

Just curious on your thoughts on the Cucumber Aloe.  My hair is curly.  I have a lot of hair, but the shaft is fine.

I originally started with SAM as my go-to, but I always felt it was just a little too heavy for me.  I just recently tried the Lavender and really liked it.  But, now that makes me wonder if I'd like the Aloe too.  I like to have a little variety!

Do you ladies think I would like it?

Honored Contributor

I don't know, I love CA but I hate LAV. My hair is wavy and medium texture. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I came in when it was just the original core scents, just before the first seasonal was released.  I settled on Fig early on and never really tried all of the core scents.  Plus, my hair was very damaged and dry in the beginning.  After using Fig for years and then adding in various seasonals, I started re-visiting the core scents.

I really like CA, but I don't use it on it's own.  I use it as a first cleanse after I get my hair colored or when I go to the pool.  If I use it on it's own, my curly hair is a little more frizzy than curly.  But mixing it with Fig is fine.

If you get the annual TSV in December, the set of 5  16 oz core, that is a great way to try all of them again, another great way is the Travel Packs, but I think the 5 16 oz gives you a more long term trial and allows you to mix easily.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I don't like Cucumber Aloe. The scent is too strong for me and it dries my hair out in just once use.

Super Contributor

Thanks everyone.  

Respected Contributor

Great post.  Yes, I would get that TSV in December when they offer the five 16oz. core CCs.  True, you can try them all and decide after that.  There's not one CC I haven't tried and I love them all!

Super Contributor
Yangya, that's a great idea! I'll do that. I haven't tried the Tea Tree or the Pomegranate either.
Regular Contributor

Cucumber is my FAVE, actually!
I, too, have fine strands, but medium to thick in amount of hair. I have my base lifted, highlights put in, and then toned. I have always used shampoo and conditioner for VERY dry and damaged type hair. When I first began using WEN, I started with Almond Mint, and it was OK. It left my hair feeling a bit floofy, for lack of a better word. lol It seemed too weightless and flimsy, IYKWIM.  

Then, I tried FIG. I read that it was supposed to be the most conditioning. I did not like Fig at all. It left my hair feeling very heavy and too slick/limp after blowdrying. My hair was super shiny, and it felt amazing, but I could not deal with the limp and thin look to my hair. Even the volumizing spray did not give my hair enough oomph (and I LOVE the WEN volumizing spray).

I went through just about every other CC. Pomegranate, the Peach one, Tea Tree, etc. They were all very good for me. Then, on a whim, I decided to try the Cucumber one. I remember feeling a bit scared because Chaz said it was the most "clarifying". of all the formulas.  I had visions of my highlights breaking off. eek! But I decided to give it a go. The end result?  WOW!!! I fell IN LOVE with this formula! Of all the ones I have tried, Cucumber is my absolute FAVORITE one of all! My second fave being a Mango one from many summers ago. 

Cucumber Aloe leaves my hair feeling LUSH.

It is hard to describe, really. 

It does condition beautifully. My hair feels soft, yet substantial. It has weight to it, yet is NOT flat at all! It just makes my hair look and feel very luxurious. After a blow out, my roots have super LIFT. And with the volumizing spray (which I do not really need with the Cucumber formula) WOW! My hair looks so full (but not poofy.

I would say to give it a try! If it is too drying, you could always add in some drops of a WEN oil, or mix a few pumps of another WEN CC into your hands when you wash your hair. 

Trusted Contributor

@Wannabeincali Thanks for your review! I've tried Fig, SAM, the bamboo green tea, 613 and several of the seasonals. Still looking for the holy grail. I have an oily scalp, so I'm going to give CA a try. I hope I have similar results to you!

Esteemed Contributor

Don't know what took me so long to order Cucumber Aloe. Guess I had a 3+ year 'Duh!'.