WEN

Honored Contributor

Creative Uses for Remoist (Besides the Obvious)

Have any of you used the Remoist as a facial mask?  I have so much and I just don't Remoist my hair as often as  should.  I do use it as a leave-in a few days a week, but a full-blown 1 hour remoist treatment...I just don't make the time for it.  How about y'all?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Creative Uses for Remoist (Besides the Obvious)

@SurferWife - I never thought to try it as a mask. But why not - seems like it would leave your face nice and silky soft. I do use it on my feet (especially the heels).

I'll gladly take some of those jars off your hands, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

I think that's a good idea.  I am guilty as well to not use it on my hair as often as I should.

It is great stuff and seems to just sit in the shower most of the time.   I'll have to seriously consider a spa day and maybe do my hair and my face with it Smiley Happy 

Regular Contributor

@SurferWife 

Thank you for starting this conversation.  The new 613/319 Remoist is so tempting and I've been trying to come up with more ways of using this.

I've been using the oils, and now the new Botanical Treatment, as overnight hair treatment most nights over the past few years.  Mostly, I've been using remoist as leave-in or for overnight hand treatment.  When I use this on my hands during the day most of it washes off too easily but in winter months I do need that extra daytime hydration boost. 

Honored Contributor

I have used the remoist on my face. HEAVENLY! I leave it on for maybe 20-30 minutes, although I don't think it needs to be that long. The face is so, so soft.

I suppose it could be used on the feet/heels, because I have put it on my hands before and left it on for 30 minutes. 

On weekends I will put the remoist on my hair after a shower in the morning and leave it on all day, even going to the grocery store with it still on. My hair is short so it doesn't look bad at all. At the end of the day I run the paddle brush thru my hair and it is so, so thick when I do that!

Great stuff!

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife  Since you don't want to take time out to do a one hour remoist during the day, why not wrap your hair up in a turban with remoist in it overnight, then rinse it out in the morning.  Sooooo much easier and your hair really gets a chance to drink it all in!   And I am going to try a remoist face mask soon, that's a great idea!  I'll just have to use FGP since my SHP is great for my hair but can't come in contact with my skin due to the honey content.  A SHP face mask might give me a "Halloween Face" a few weeks early, lol!

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

Have any of you used the Remoist as a facial mask?  I have so much and I just don't Remoist my hair as often as  should.  I do use it as a leave-in a few days a week, but a full-blown 1 hour remoist treatment...I just don't make the time for it.  How about y'all?

SurferWife.  You're so right.  I have the Bella one and it's amazing but it's a pain because for the best results it has to be applied to freshly cleansed, soaking wet hair and stay on for at least an hour so yes I don't do it as much.  I'm glad you're like that too!!!!  I haven't tried it as a facial mask but one time I accidentally put some on my leg thinking it was NBT !!!!!   LOL!!!  Nothing amiss happened though.  I left it there but put it back and got an NBT instead.  Good thread though!

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife Before I used the weekends to put the remoist on and let it stay all day, I would use it immediately on my hair when I got home from work. That way it had a chance to dry before going to bed.

At first I did as Chaz told all of us, put it on at night, put a shower cap over it, and sleep with it overnight. I just didn't care for the plastic cap on my head all night, but it did keep it warm and work the remoist into the hair really well. It was still slippery wet in the morning when I took the cap off.

We just need to find what works best for each of us.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@SurferWife Before I used the weekends to put the remoist on and let it stay all day, I would use it immediately on my hair when I got home from work. That way it had a chance to dry before going to bed.

At first I did as Chaz told all of us, put it on at night, put a shower cap over it, and sleep with it overnight. I just didn't care for the plastic cap on my head all night, but it did keep it warm and work the remoist into the hair really well. It was still slippery wet in the morning when I took the cap off.

We just need to find what works best for each of us.

@World Traveler 

I do like the overnight treatment, but I'more of a morning shower taker than I am at night.  That's why I'm bad about using it consistently.  I do slather it on before going to the beach & swimmingin the ocean.  Maybe I'll shower tonight & use it.  I love the Faith Remoist.  The smell is so heavenly, it's like a sleep-aid.  LOL!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife   If you don't want to shower, why not just wash your hair in the kitchen sink, do a single cleanse to remove any leave-ins, then put in your remoist, pop on a turban, and hit the hay?