WEN

Respected Contributor

Hi Cosmic1, I used to do it that way too but since the styling creme is a bit thicker than the cleansing conditioner, it took too long for me so I would cut the bottle in half with a utility knife and just spoon that into another one.  I counted wrong, there are 11 styling creme bottles on the bathroom window sill.  ug.  I feel when there are that many, it's better to just put all the odds and ends in a big plastic bag, like Hedge, and then just use that.  My CCs', what I do is cut down all the bottles with less than half in them and just consolidate so I can make full 32s.  I don't recommend this unless you're seriously used to working with a utility knife because they are extremely sharp.  If you're not in a hurry, then your way is fine too.  What I feel a bit uncomfortable with is mixing seasonals with classics.  Do you guys think this is okay?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@77yangya, lol, good advice about the utility knife.  I cut myself on bread knives :-)

I always wait until I get to no pump zone and then it takes a few hours to get the SC from one bottle into the next.  I also am weird about mixing 'flavors'.  I like to mix like with like and I have only one bottle for the last remnants.  The SC stays in layers, so the fragrances don't bleed into each other.  I don't like my different foods touching each other on the plate, so my neurosis about that has been lifelong, LOL.

The only exception I ever made was, that to use up the FAS, I found mixing it with 613 was the only way to mask the odor.  

If what you are doing works for you, then there should be no problem mixing them however you want.  FVWP mixed with 613 smells just like Shalimar.  

Esteemed Contributor

Oh that's so funny, @77yangya!

But seriously, you could probably fill a clean 16oz bottle with all your partial bottles of SC. The neck of the two bottles are the same, so you could drain SC one by one overnight, until th SCs are 'stacked' inside the 16oz bott.

I don't have enough SC to do that.

@cosmic1

I used to do that with CC.

'Stack' one layer on top the other, undiluted, and never shook up the bottle so they stayed in distinct layers.

I added to it everytime a seasonal got to the no-pump zone.

It was my 1st cleanse bottle. I called it "WEN Roulette" because when you pumped you never knew which WEN you'd get.

Esteemed Contributor

You and your 11 partial bottles lined up on the windowsill have inspired me. I've been re-thinking this since my original post.

I replaced the SC pumps with screw-on caps and inverted the SC botts. but didn't go further.

@77yangya, what do you think of stacking all spring florals into one SC bott, all summers into another, etc?

... just an thought.

Respected Contributor

Hi Hedge and Cosmic1, yes, the styling creme is thick enough that they petty much stay layered nicely.  I'm glad you mentioned you don't use a utility knife if you're not adept with it.  I used to cut myself on kitchen knives for a long time until I got the feel of it.  Now I never get cut unless I'm not watching, getting careless OR too much in a hurry.  I remember I was cutting a long roll in half and I was REALLY hungry and I got tagged and it was a serated knife.  It hurt too!  Had to band aide it up until it stopped bleeding.  Now, I'm careful.  LOL!  YES...Wen-Roulette!  That's a riot!  I asked my DH to bring home one of those black clips so I can clip the plastic bag shut.  I'm gonna do the pastry bag method.  Today, I used my Peony CC then used the Peony UINBT and then the EDP in that.  OH BOY!  Do I smell good!  It's a smell that really stays with you, but yes, you have to like it and everyone's taste is different.  Please remember not to use knife to cut bottle if you're not comfortable.  Want everyone safe!  XXOO

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

You and your 11 partial bottles lined up on the windowsill have inspired me. I've been re-thinking this since my original post.

I replaced the SC pumps with screw-on caps and inverted the SC botts. but didn't go further.

@77yangya, what do you think of stacking all spring florals into one SC bott, all summers into another, etc?

... just an thought.

WOW, Hedge, that's a great idea!  I never thought of that!  I may do that.  What I'll do, is pump a bit of each, mix them in hand and see what happens!  LOL!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Consolidating WEN SC

[ Edited ]

Mine are down to just an ounce or so. More of a clutter issue than waste.

Don't know what your 11 partials are, but I now think if I had that much to consolidate, I'd reduce the 11 partials down to 3-4 full ones.

Group them by season or 'type' of fragrance, and drain each group into a SC bott in layers.

Fragrance in each bott would be similar, but still wouldn't be mixed.

I guess whether it's worth the trouble really depends on how full they are @77yangya . If they're nearly empty I wouldn't bother.

Respected Contributor
@x Hedge. Wen Roulette, I like that. 🤔