WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Today's WEN project:

I'm looking at finally getting 3 or 4 SC bottles off the shelf! 

I've already replaced the SC pumps w flat bottle caps and inverted the bottles. I'll warm the bottles under hot tap water to help the remaining SC readily flow out.

My plan is to drain all the SC into a clear plastic freezer bag, and snip the corner.

It would work like a mini pastry bag, letting me squeeze what I need, and clamp off the hole.

Or, use it to completely refill one Franken-SC bottle.

OMG @jaxs mom, if I used as much SC as you, I'd drain all my SC odds and ends into a clean 16oz bottle and make pumping (and refilling) easier on myself.

Or is SC too thin to work with 16oz pumps?

Honored Contributor

SurferWife’s project today: finish my coffee then get my butt in gear & clean this house! Then enjoy a shower and cleanse with Tea Tee, then FFA. Possibly this evening go to our local resort for a sunset Mai Tai.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

That sounds fun, except for the housecleaning part. 

Respected Contributor

Hi Hedge, that sounds like a great idea.  I have alot of styling cremes that are very low.  Doing it that way really helps to not lose what's on the bottom of the bottle.  The Franken-SC bottle is a great idea too but then you're left with that one.  I'm gonna put mine all in the plastic bag  I have nine of them to be put into a plastic "pastry" bag.  Hey,t hank you for the idea! 

SurferWife, I envy you!  We're gonna go to our favorite place for dinner but then go home and watch SvenGoolie on TV later.  We get the hour back tonight!  YAY!  I have to get up every morning at 3:45am so it'll help.

Honored Contributor

I wish he did offer the SC in at least 12oz bottles. When they get too low to pump I just take the top off and shake it down into my hand. The pump is the same as for the CC as is evidenced by the mini 6oz CC they sell in them occasionally in try me sets 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

Wow, 9 SC bottles! Those sure clutter up the WEN shelves, don't they? Too expensive and too valuable to toss out.

I'm going to use a quart sized heavy duty freezer bag with a ziplock top. I have some tiny binder clips that I think will clamp the corner. I'll fold it up and clamp it.

How much do you think you'll have in total @77yangya?

Esteemed Contributor

Oh yesss ... I have CA cc in a 6oz bottle.

Never thought of that, @jaxs mom.

When I try shaking th SC out I end up with droplets flying around the room and a bruise in the palm of my hand. So I just reach for another bottle that still has enough to pump.

I've been thinking of pouring a little mousse or RTM into the SC bottle, stirring it with a chopstick or skewer, to help get the SC to pour out.

Respected Contributor

Hi Hedge, I guess I'd probably end up with almost two whole bottles.  Each one of them that I have lined up on the window are less than half full.  I have a bunch in the den too that aren't even opened!  Ya know, this is so funny.  I was in the bathroom this morning thinking. hmmm... now how to I close the end of the bag once I put the stuff in there?  Your post had the answer in it!   WOWEE!!!   I'm sitting here typing and laughing.  Thank you, Hedge!  I actually bought the Winter White Forest styling creme just to see what it smelled like.  To me, it smells like vanilla and mint.  The results, of course, are nice but I think chocolate goes much better with mint than vanilla does.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Oh yesss ... I have CA cc in a 6oz bottle.

Never thought of that, @jaxs mom.

When I try shaking th SC out I end up with droplets flying around the room and a bruise in the palm of my hand. So I just reach for another bottle that still has enough to pump.

I've been thinking of pouring a little mousse or RTM into the SC bottle, stirring it with a chopstick or skewer, to help get the SC to pour out.

Wowee, Hedge, you're really ingenious!  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
I always invert the bottle to emptied onto the destination bottle and let gravity do the work for me. When it gets to the bottom, I tap the upside diwn bottle against the right side up one to get it all out. I never lose a drop of SC that way.