WEN

Contributor
I emailed customer service & they said that I could switch formulas on a-d. But theno customer service on product questions says you can't. Does anyone know for sure? If so,what are your thoughts on ordering a set in SAM. I already have the Pom and realty like it. I have colored & highlighted hair and tend to have a dry scalp....but dont like tea tree.
Trusted Contributor

My understanding is they prefer if you didnt. I have been technically able to switch many on the site, there were a few that I couldnt. .

I have never used SAM so I will defer that question.

#IAmTeamWen
Super Contributor
SAM was always my favorite until I tried Winter White Citrus. I've also found out that my hair really likes the Lavender, which was a big surprise for me. I'll admit there's a lot I haven't tried.

My hair is curly. I have lots of hair, but the hair itself is thin. I have trouble finding products that give the thin hair body, but gives my curls enough moisture.

SAM is good for moisture and isn't heavy like Fig.
Super Contributor

I can't say 100% that this is the same case, but I switched my A/D for the fall TSV with the Pumpkin CC, Remoist, Oil, and 32oz. It's the classic CC that you're switching out, so it's possibly a little easier for a switch to be made than, for example, a switch of a seasonal. I had to do it within each part of the  A/D order. The first order I had was Trea Tree, the next was Fig, etc.

I also did it successfully with my gallon of WenKids last year. Again I had to do it within each section of the A/D order.

Some people find SAM a bit heavy. I'm kind of neutral on it. I like the scent and it works fine for me, but there are others that work better.

Respected Contributor

I'm not a WEN user, so I was mystified with the "SAM" references. Sweet Almond Mint!

But what's really got me puzzled are those heaps of doggies on the set. Are they Wen dogs? Do they use the products, too? Can cats use them?

Trusted Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

I'm not a WEN user, so I was mystified with the "SAM" references. Sweet Almond Mint!

But what's really got me puzzled are those heaps of doggies on the set. Are they Wen dogs? Do they use the products, too? Can cats use them?

@noodleann, the dogs are Chaz's, he uses many of the products on them and created Wen Pets specifically for pets. However he advises you speak with your vet before using it on cats because it contains Tea Tree oil.

#IAmTeamWen
Super Contributor

@nikki48 wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@noodleann, the dogs are Chaz's, he uses many of the products on them and created Wen Pets specifically for pets. However he advises you speak with your vet before using it on cats because it contains Tea Tree oil.

I have heard of people using SAM on their cats no problem though. No tea tree, so not an issue. Myself, I wouldn't attempt to bathe my cats without wearing full combat gear, but that's just me Smiley Happy

WenPets is an excellent product too.

Respected Contributor

@nikki48 wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

Thanks much, I had no idea. I had a cat who went nuts whenever she smelled tea tree oil. Had to ban it from the house because of her sensitivities. I think I'll stick to the vet-approved bathing products when they're needed.

Trusted Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@nikki48 wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

Thanks much, I had no idea. I had a cat who went nuts whenever she smelled tea tree oil. Had to ban it from the house because of her sensitivities. I think I'll stick to the vet-approved bathing products when they're needed.

My cat doesnt like when I use tea tree oil and he can smell it on my hands. He sniffs, makes a face and walks away from me, lol.

#IAmTeamWen
Trusted Contributor

@RipleyGirl wrote:

@nikki48 wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

I have heard of people using SAM on their cats no problem though. No tea tree, so not an issue. Myself, I wouldn't attempt to bathe my cats without wearing full combat gear, but that's just me Smiley Happy

WenPets is an excellent product too.

I have heard people use the formulas without tea tree on their cats but I've never tried it. I kind of let him take care of himself besides brushing/ trimming and cleansing if he gets into something or really dirty. If Wen Pets was ok I would use it on him but oddly the tea tree is what was appealing because its a natural bug/flea repellent.

#IAmTeamWen