WEN

Valued Contributor

Re: Completed my transition to gray!

So happy for you, @cac140 !  I am on my 4th attempt to grow in my silvers (started again last February) and this time am determined not to cave in.   I also always use TT as a first cleanse and a seasonal for 2nd.  Enjoy your new look - you look beautiful in your avatar. Heart

Honored Contributor

You dont need a claifying shampoo.  Use a shampoo especially for gray hair.  It will be of a blue tint.  I use Shiny Silver shampoo, they also have a conditioner.  I buy it at Sallys.  it lathers well you dont need much and it keeps the yellow out of my white hair.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

This thread looks like a good place to ask this. My hair was a basic dark brown that turned auburn in the sun. I have a very light complexion, with green eyes. Then in my late twenties I started getting the odd grey hair. Now it is silver (I’m 59) and I still gravitate to the autumn colors. My question is what color pallet goes best with silver hair? Makeup and clothes.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@woodyend,   I was taught if you're an autumn you remain an autumn.

It's about the undertones, which remain constant.

It's just that some of the autumn shades may be more, or less flattering near the face than they were when your hair was darker because some shades may emphasize lines, wrinkles, etc that weren't there when your hair was darker. It's best to have a trusted friend with good taste help you go thru your wardrobe of tops, because no one sees themselves as others do.

@cac140, you've inspired me to do an experiment.

I'm going to write all the WEN oil I have on plain white paper. Then I'll put a few drops next to each appropriate name and check the color in daylight. (not today, it's grey overcast.)

Esteemed Contributor

@cac140,   WEN oil experiment done. Listed in order of increasing yellowness.

STP absolutely colorless

SHL & FVWP palest yellow

SCLV & TT slightly more yellow

SGGT,SOB, SMC, WRC yellowest

That's it for me, don't have any other oils.

I don't think these would contribute to yellowing your hair, but I'm no expert, and I'd email customerservice@chazdean.com.

Super Contributor

@qtrmoonlady1 Thank you so much! ❤️
Super Contributor

Forgive me ladies but I’m having some technical difficulties with my phone. Hope this comes out alright. @Imaoldhippie I am using a purple shampoo once a month but I do find a clarifying shampoo once a week really helps my hair. I’m going to try the Cucumber Aloe formula soon and try that. I appreciate your help. Thank you.

@woodyend Since transitioning, I find jewel tones and cool colors work best for me. I have also gone with cool tones in my makeup.

@x Hedge Why didn’t I think of this!? You are the best! I so appreciate you taking the time to do this. I’m excited. This is really a huge help. I knew I came to the right place. Thank you! ♥
Super Contributor

@qtrmoonlady Forgot to add... Good luck!! You can do this! ❤️
Esteemed Contributor

You're most welcome @cac140.  I hate unanswered questions and once it was asked I had to know.

My little experiment also brought to mind a post by

@Kjelle, where she observed the WRC oil was thicker than others. When I had the oils all lined up on white plastic, that was thickest and yellowest. I think it has a higher proportion of Abyssinian oil. (which I like!)

I got my first cucumber aloe CC & RTM with the spring TSV. I don't need a clarifier but I'm loving the fresh soft CA scent.

Springs and Summers can interchange a few colors, like watermelon, iris, and periwinkle, but as a rule Spring's palette has lighter, clear tones (not muted) that are warm, and Summer's are better with most jewel tones, (among others), but softened, including pastels....not too light though. If it's pale enough it becomes an icy pastel, and those belong to Winter.

Valued Contributor

@cac140 wrote:
@qtrmoonlady Forgot to add... Good luck!! You can do this! ❤️

@cac140 Thanks!  I'm gonna give it my all! Heart