WEN

Respected Contributor

Coloring my roots - hair mask question

Since receiving my TSV's I finally have the hair mask to try. 😀 This weekend I am coloring my roots (as I do every 4wks) and was wondering how everyone incorporates the mask. Is it just as simple as when rinsing out color I then apply the mask and leave it on for awhile? Just on length or whole head? Up until now I have used either 613 or 319 CC's after. Thanks in advance for any help.
Contributor

Re: Coloring my roots - hair mask question

I color my roots, rinse it out, cleanse once with one of the cleansing conditioners (usually tea tree on scalp and MIF on rest of hair), rinse, then apply mask to entire length of hair and let it sit there for an hour or 2 before rinsing.  Hair dye always used to dry my hair out even when I used the conditioner that came in the box along with the color.  Since using Wen and the mask, no more dry hair, I can actually run my fingers through my hair after coloring.  Hope this helps.

Respected Contributor

I don't color my hair, but I do occasionally heat style, so I try to use Remoist at least once a week.  I cleanse my hair every night before I go to bed, when I shower, so after I get out of the shower I squeeze the drippiest excess water out of my hair, but I don't towel it dry.  Then I apply Remoist from roots to tips and wrap my head up in a lightweight towel and go to bed.  In the morning I wake up with the most bizarre bed-head you can imagine, it's kinda fun, really.  I rinse the Remoist out under warm water in the kitchen sink, wrap up in a dry towel, and then usually comb out and air dry.  I like leaving it on overnight, I feel like I am maximizing the benefits that way.  Because of when I cleanse, I almost never do a scalp oil treatment overnight, but I do use Remoist that way.  Hope this helps!

Trusted Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom I do a remoist treatment a few days before coloring.  After coloring I use the CC and not the packette that's included with box kits.  I wait a couple days to cleanse again and do another remoist treatment.

@CamilleP I do the overnight remoist too.  I remember somewhere I read or saw on a video where Danny, on of Chaz's top stylist ( he does @bruingirl aka brainchild hair) said to put a shower cap on your hair while you sleep and it really helps.  I put my hair in a towel over the cap.

Also remember that the oil treatments are for your scalp and doing them a few nights a week really helps.  The remoist is for your hair.  This TSV was so awesome because now we have enough to get the results from both of the different treatments!

Respected Contributor

Ok, thank you everyone. Very helpful! One thing I have been doing the last several months since using the WEN oils on my scalp, is adding about 6-8 drops of the oil in with my dye bottle. I only do my roots but still also oil my ends for protection. I have noticed with incorporating the oil into my dye and using on my ends it has helped with combatting the drying effects of the dye. Thanks again for the help!!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AmericanBulldogMom Me too !!  I had seen @ChynnaBlue mention she used Argan oil so that's when I tried it.  Works great. 

Honored Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom Me too !!  I had seen @ChynnaBlue mention she used Aryan oil so that's when I tried it.  Works great. 

So, to be clear, I use argan oil, not Aryan oil. I'm guessing that was a terrible autocorrect issue.

Regular Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom. I color my roots at home every 4  weeks or so as well. add about 1/2 dropper of Wen oil or Josie's Argan oil to the bottle and apply the color. I rinse and then cleanse with CC, really massaging my scalp. Then I do a second cleanse (as usual) leaving it in for the rest of my shower. I then rinse and add a coating of CC back in to "prime" my hair and then put in remoist. I cover my hair with a plastic cap for as long as I can and then rinse my hair in the sink.

Respected Contributor

@kesstrain and the others who responded, thank you again. I never did get the time to do my roots this weekend. Yikes! Hopefully one of these weeknights I can fit it in bc I won't have time this weekend bc my son comes home from college which is 3 hrs away and will be the 1st time I have seen him since Sept 1st. So, I am ecstatic to say the least. He's my one and only and this is his 1st yr of college. We are so incredibly close and this has been so tough. He's doing great and I know this is what I raised him to do but it sure stings. 😢 Anyways, then on Sunday my sister and I are going to the Packer/Giants game. I live in WI so Packer fan and she now lives in IL and is a Giants fan, so it will be a blast. Oh well, I have babbled about my weekend too much already. LOL! Thanks everyone. 

Trusted Contributor

@ChynnaBlue. 😱 LOL thanks for catching that.  Gotta love autocorrect !  Fixed!!