WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: Cherry Blossom reviews??

I have noticed that the last 3 new CC's I believe VWP, WRC & SCB don't have the

Methylchloroisothiazolinone  Methylisothiazolinone as the last two ingredients.

It is great if Chaz found a way to not use these..Smiley Happy Each new Seasonal just gets better,

can't wait for my Cherry Bloosom...

Honored Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

I have noticed that the last 3 new CC's I believe VWP, WRC & SCB don't have the

Methylchloroisothiazolinone  Methylisothiazolinone as the last two ingredients.

It is great if Chaz found a way to not use these..Smiley Happy Each new Seasonal just gets better,

can't wait for my Cherry Bloosom...

Yes, I totally agree @quadmimi!

Regular Contributor

Thanks, @Kjelle! I'll watch for your full review.
Esteemed Contributor

@Kjelle wrote:

@RawkinFoodie wrote:

Hello Wenners!  Making another random appearance here.  I'm still on my major haitus from my usual massive purchases (big stash), but make a small purchase (usually an ancillary product) when a new seasonal surfaces.  I am very curious about this Cherry Blossom.  I'm not sure if they still make it, but is anyone familiar with the Bath and Body Works Cherry Blossom scent?  I used to have the lotion and body wash which was gifted to me some years back and loved it.  For those that have tried this new Wen scent, do you think it has any resemblance?  If it does I'm all over it!  Thanks in advance. Smiley Happy 

@RawkinFoodie I was hoping it would be exactly like that. However Chaz is all about authenticity. That's why he said it took him so long to tackle it. I just got everything in last night, so I won't use it til this weekend, but it doesn't smell like just like the BBW. From the bottle it smells more herbaceous. I will review this weekend. If the scent stays true, I will probably not buy another set. I will enjoy it though. I don't dislike it.

@Kjelle- Thanks!  There is no one that gives better and more insightful reviews than you do. Smiley Happy Technically discerning and emotionally descriptive as well. Love them!

And, yeah - I agree, Chaz is all about authenticity. Love that too!

Respected Contributor

@RawkinFoodie @sonechko Ok, so last night I tried out SCB.

• The consistency is a lot like WWC, as it is not thick. It is also not 'puffy' or 'mousse-y' like WRC.
  • The smell is herbaceous, like I said and a light floral. Coming from Illinois and California, I would have to take it on faith that it is authentic. Not like BBW. What you smell in the bottle is how it is. Nothing seemed to bloom in the shower.
  • I felt like I went back for more pumps to get a good foam. Like WWC, it goes down the drain easily.
  • I used all the SCB products except oil last night. I went a little light on the mousse. I used it with POM GS. The SC is a normal consistency, not too thick, not too runny. The RTM is very nice, no sneezing. I did not do a remoist last night.
  • I sat under my dryer with curlers on. This morning my hair is semi curled, more like wavy. A tad too relaxed, which is surprising -almost like it was rice-based. There's decent shine in the hair, which I expected due to the cherry bark. My hair feels moisturized, so no worries there. That's especially nice since I have to mix in 319 for moisture when I use SGGT or WCM in the Spring. The scent is definitely still in my hair.
  • Having little to no curl to lose, I just put some of the oil on my scalp. If you saw my review of WRC oil, you know I was concerned more oils would pop up with a heavy, Wesson oil consistency. This is not that heavy, thank goodness. The scent is true to the other products.

Well, ladies that's all I can think to say about it. I will use this set but not order more. It's not a particularly intriguing scent to me. I think people around you will enjoy it and there's nothing overpowering or offensive in it, which is good. I think I just really like fake Cherry Blossom scent!🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

@Kjelle wrote:

@RawkinFoodie @sonechko Ok, so last night I tried out SCB.

• The consistency is a lot like WWC, as it is not thick. It is also not 'puffy' or 'mousse-y' like WRC.
  • The smell is herbaceous, like I said and a light floral. Coming from Illinois and California, I would have to take it on faith that it is authentic. Not like BBW. What you smell in the bottle is how it is. Nothing seemed to bloom in the shower.
  • I felt like I went back for more pumps to get a good foam. Like WWC, it goes down the drain easily.
  • I used all the SCB products except oil last night. I went a little light on the mousse. I used it with POM GS. The SC is a normal consistency, not too thick, not too runny. The RTM is very nice, no sneezing. I did not do a remoist last night.
  • I sat under my dryer with curlers on. This morning my hair is semi curled, more like wavy. A tad too relaxed, which is surprising -almost like it was rice-based. There's decent shine in the hair, which I expected due to the cherry bark. My hair feels moisturized, so no worries there. That's especially nice since I have to mix in 319 for moisture when I use SGGT or WCM in the Spring. The scent is definitely still in my hair.
  • Having little to no curl to lose, I just put some of the oil on my scalp. If you saw my review of WRC oil, you know I was concerned more oils would pop up with a heavy, Wesson oil consistency. This is not that heavy, thank goodness. The scent is true to the other products.

Well, ladies that's all I can think to say about it. I will use this set but not order more. It's not a particularly intriguing scent to me. I think people around you will enjoy it and there's nothing overpowering or offensive in it, which is good. I think I just really like fake Cherry Blossom scent!🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

@Kjelle...thanks for the detailed, technical review, especially the statement about how your curls responded. I'm a curly girl, so now that I know yours seemed to relax, even after sleeping on curlers, I may forego the CC, but I'll still get the RTM because I use it as an after-shower body spritz.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@Kjelle  This is great to know!  I like the CC's that aren't super thick, even tho I have curly/wavy hair.  Mine is super fine so this will be great for my hair plus the CC & the oil have a form of Castor oil in which my scalp loves! 

I am trying to stay with the prodcuts  that stay away from the peppermint oils, etc as I do better without those for the most part..

Your review helped me in the "reverse" I was hoping the CC was more this type of consistancy...Smiley Happy  (I love the stronger Cherry too, but that's ok..Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife I should clarify I didn't sleep on the curlers. I used the magnetic ones under the dryer. Then I put it in top of my head and I slept in a satin bonnet. If I do that with 613 or WRC for instance (really most CC) I have great curls the hext day. 💁🏾

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor

Hi!  I have the CC and styling creme.  This morning, we're getting blasted with Winter Storm Stella, I tried the Light CC and Cherry Blossom styling creme.  I've not blown out yet but my hair is so amazingly soft.  I have it clipped up until blow dry time.  When I do that, I'll post.  The styling creme reminded me of the Lilac scent.  Oh well.  I have the bathroom window all lined up with styling cremes.  It's so much fun to choose which CC, styling creme, mousse and get all these wonderful, different smells!

Esteemed Contributor

Woman Happy @77yangya, I just got a visual image of the cold winter storm outside and your warm steamy bathroom window lined up with colorful WEN SCs..... It's almost as nice as havining a blooming geranium plant live there...

Home, sweet home! Heart