WEN

Respected Contributor

Chaz's website, what happened to the henleys?

I was visiting and checking on a regular basis for the "wcm" burgundy color to come back in stock in my size (not an xs, sadly) and now all the shirts are gone, in all colors. Has Chaz said anything on Periscope about discontinuing them?   I'm disappointed, I was going to pick up as many colors as I could because I love his henleys, they are a nice mid-weight knit and colors you don't see everywhere.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Chaz's website, what happened to the henleys?

I've been wanting to add a new shirt to my collection for almost two years now.  Every time I asked about them on FB I was told to check the website.  Finally one day I asked Chaz on periscope and he said the same thing.  They haven't added sizes or colors for a long time and I'm wearing mine out I love those shirts.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I noticed that too, they were not there.  I was hoping Chaz would offer more, like short sleeve and all different colors and of course Wen Men and the 319 one.  I would get them all because they're not THAT expensive.  Maybe he's rearranging things because of the fire and has to re stock and all that.  I'm sure they'll come back but yeah, I always watch for them and saw they were all gone.  Actually I have a decent amount of them before Chaz updated his site.  He updated it years ago so I guess I'm kind of lucky I have the ones I have.

Respected Contributor

Thanks, NewHue and yangya.  I guess I will just quit checking and figure that  sourcing the shirts has become more trouble than it's worth to bother selling them any more.  I'm disappointed, but such is life.    

Respected Contributor

I think Chaz is terribly busy and just didn't get around to it.  So, here's a "round tuit"!  Bad joke!  LOL!!!  Just kidding.  Everyone is probably pulling on his coat tails wanting this and that and what have you, myself included.  He really does his very best to fill every request.  I believe that.  I love those shirts too though!

Respected Contributor

I'd love to see tanks or short-sleeved T's, too, besides long-sleeved henlys (henlies?) , but Chaz's main business is hair care, and he's already branching out with skin care, but it is still mainly related to his hair care line.  Clothing isn't, so I don't blame him for dropping it to concentrate on his main field of endeavor.  I wish I'd bought the light green shirt when it showed up, but I figured I'd wait and get both it and the burgundy at the same time, and now I won't have the chance.

Respected Contributor

Well, I decided to e-mail, and Brittany wrote right back, and the reason the shirts are gone is that the maker, American Apparel, has gone out of business and been sold!  They don't know if the company that bought them will start making shirts again, but if they do, WEN shirts may come back.  So we can only wait and see. 

Esteemed Contributor

@CamilleP and @77yangya I was thinking about this and American apparel used to make the shirts and they have gone out of business.  There was a limited supply of colors/sizes on the Chaz's site so maybe they thought it was better to take them off the website until they find a new manufacturer.  Fingers crossed.

Respected Contributor

I asked Brittany about "leftovers" and she told me all the shirts were sold out, so I guess they are all gone, not just pulled from the site.  I'll hope Chaz finds another manufacturer.

Respected Contributor

I thought of doing this....take one of the ones I have and bring it to someone that does that kind of thing and just have it printed on a shirt of my choice.  I saw someone on TV that did it but they are located too far away.  What is called, silk screening?  I don't know but anyway, I do have the WCM one and a lavender, green, black, 613, yellow, the Light one.  The Light one was way too large though but soft.  I use it in the cold months to sleep in.  I wanted them in a nice corn flower blue tee shirt.