WEN

Trusted Contributor

Chaz On Periscope This Weekend

Ok I watched this last night and feel a little better....kinda.  Gotta say Chaz is pretty funny.....singing some, joking around with people posting, tours of his pantry etc.  Also shows how much he loves his angels 😘. If you watch you might chuckle at his shoes in the hot CA weather LOL

Ok this is what I heard and will be paraphrasing.

Show was cancelled because they didn't meet sales goals.  You know my thoughts on that if you read the thread on cancelled show.  He said 4th quarter goals are brutal.

He said he ? / they ? Cancelled the 11/10 show so that he can have a very successful TSV.  He needs the sales TSV day.  Understand that completely.  Probably explains why you can't order the TSV earlier anymore.  This was at about the 27 or 28 min mark

The leftover 5 pc CC from last year should be offered as a ODO so people who want those can still get them. No clue on how many they have.

Someone asked about his Black Friday sale on his site.  He said it probably won't happen this year because again, he needs the sales on his TSV day.  He said he might just have a Happy New Year sale instead.

He mentioned that he knows his regular customers have good stashes and that he needs new customers, so recruit family and friends ( my words but you get the idea) 😁

He mentioned the fragrance ODO sold out and that he had marked it down to where he only made $1 each....and that it would never happen again LOL

I felt better listening because he didn't sound upset or frantic.

So I'm making my list!!!  😘

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Chaz On Periscope This Weekend

@Suebdoo....thank you for this thread and explaining Chaz's detailed story on his website.

I used to be a big fan of Chaz's, but, I have moved on to other brands.  Unfortunately, it sounds to me as though Chaz may not be a vendor on the Q much longer if his sales do not meet the Q standards.  It's sad, but it happens all the time.

I do wish Chaz alot of success, but I really think his best days are behind him.  He even mentioned that he needs "new customers" and he is right.  Because, for example, like I stated above....I used to be a customer of his and now I have moved on to other brands.  I have even noticed that Chaz does not have the large number of his shows on air as he did in the past.  This is a huge sign also that he just isn't selling as he has done in the past.

I hope his sales pick up and I wish him a successful upcoming TSV.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

So the waitlist dry oil are just returns or what or is Q going to fill the order.

Q sales models seems way off. I just happened into the oto and it sold out how are are you not meeting goals at that odd hour of the morning.

They alienated Andrew Lessman back in the day.  They dismissed Paula Deen and she is the number 1 seller at evine.  Brought in the Kardashians. We see how often Q is wrong about stuff they bought HSN as not to lose the #1 shopping channel status

They have to profit off of sales and returns to stay ahead and over charge on so many items and from what I have read on these forums they can't get shipping right unless a forum moniter steps in.

Trusted Contributor

I watched part of this scope and gathered the same thing (I have to go back and finish when I am done with work). He wasnt upset or really bothered by it but he does want his TSV to do amazingly well, as it should for that value. I will of course be shopping on TSV day and make my purchases during his shows to help him hit his quotas. The previous set being offered as a ODO is great news as well. 

I'm not worried about Chaz no longer being on QVC as there are plenty of other cuts to make for the new items and lines. Knowing that right now QVC is in the midst of their Christmas sales, I get the difference at this time versus the rest of the year. Happy to hear the fragrance set sold out and so far the 613 option of the Beauty IQ steal is sold out. The dry oils are well into waitlist as are some candles and the brush set is on fire so Chaz still does good business. 

I hope this means the other ODO will come back on TSV day. If it does, I am buying it immediately!

#IAmTeamWen
Super Contributor

@nikki48 wrote:

I watched part of this scope and gathered the same thing (I have to go back and finish when I am done with work). He wasnt upset or really bothered by it but he does want his TSV to do amazingly well, as it should for that value. I will of course be shopping on TSV day and make my purchases during his shows to help him hit his quotas. The previous set being offered as a ODO is great news as well. 

I'm not worried about Chaz no longer being on QVC as there are plenty of other cuts to make for the new items and lines. Knowing that right now QVC is in the midst of their Christmas sales, I get the difference at this time versus the rest of the year. Happy to hear the fragrance set sold out and so far the 613 option of the Beauty IQ steal is sold out. The dry oils are well into waitlist as are some candles and the brush set is on fire so Chaz still does good business. 

I hope this means the other ODO will come back on TSV day. If it does, I am buying it immediately!

@nikki48 well said as always Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I've never tried his products because they are so expensive and the fact that you have to use so many pumps to cleanse your hair.  It seems to me he could reformulate it so that you use less pumps.  With the quantity he sells, he should lower the price.

I wish that QVC could put a sample of it when they send out orders.  I know if doesn't work you can send it back, but then you have to pay postage.

Respected Contributor

Hi, Suebdoo!  I saw the periscope you're referring to.  Yup, it's all about dollars and cents.  I'd known for sometime that QVC bought MSN.  I heard Chaz say sudden changes and all that.  Yes, 4th quarter goals, he said that.  At first no one knew what happened, if he was okay but at least Chaz, himself, is fine.  After all, he does not call the shots and as far as QVC is concerned, it's who is making the most money for them.  It's just the way of the world.  He wants everyone to try to get newbies on board.  YES!  That perfume kit with the Wen Men in it.  I did not watch it live, I saw it on the DVR, right, so I RAN to the computer and booop!  Sold out.  I believe the gallons did not sell out and Chaz talked about shipping.  Shipping is cheap for me but for some it's not.  It's not the shipping, I feel a lot of people are being prudent with their funds in this volatile world.  I buy even when I don't need and I believe a lot do that too.  He said get the TSV when he's on, that helps and someone posted what if we miss out, he said you won't.  The dry oil is still on wait list since his last visit.  It seems the vendors that sell the most are on hours on end but again, it's all about money.  Yeah, someone was saying it was going up into the 90's.  (yuk)  Great for Chaz though, he has a lovely pool and property.  It was fun, I love to watch when he's scoping!

Respected Contributor

GREAT post, nikki48!  My sentiments and beliefs exactly!

Trusted Contributor

@henderson wrote:

I've never tried his products because they are so expensive and the fact that you have to use so many pumps to cleanse your hair.  It seems to me he could reformulate it so that you use less pumps.  With the quantity he sells, he should lower the price.

I wish that QVC could put a sample of it when they send out orders.  I know if doesn't work you can send it back, but then you have to pay postage.

@henderson, I know some people dont care for the pricing (not that I would be upset if the price were lower) but I get it based on the ingredients. If we were to obtain the oils and extracts used it would actually cost more than Wen does. I cant say the same for more chemical based products. The value is also that many people dont find they have to cleanse as often once they adjust to Wen. So while yes, you use more per cleanse it balances out overall. 

If you really want to give it a shot at a better value, you can wait for the TSV next month. You can also join the notification list, @bebe777 does an outstanding job of notifying everyone of great deals and sales. There are ways to shop smart with Wen to maximize your dollar. 

#IAmTeamWen
Respected Contributor

You're so right, nikki48.  It's the old adage, you get what you pay for.  Chaz is using the BEST ingredients and NO filler.  How else could he achieve those amazing results?  I think people don't believe, that's why Chaz says, just get it home and try it on HALF of your body and SEE the difference!  There are ingredients that only Chaz owns the rights to.  He contrived all these things and knew to incorporate them in so he should have that.  Besides, one bottle of cleansing conditioner literally DOES replace all the products that Chaz always mentions.  Even when he makes something purely for styling, it MUST be GOOD for the hair not just something to style with.