WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: Chaz On Periscope This Weekend

@nikki48 wrote:

@henderson wrote:

I've never tried his products because they are so expensive and the fact that you have to use so many pumps to cleanse your hair.  It seems to me he could reformulate it so that you use less pumps.  With the quantity he sells, he should lower the price.

I wish that QVC could put a sample of it when they send out orders.  I know if doesn't work you can send it back, but then you have to pay postage.

@henderson, I know some people dont care for the pricing (not that I would be upset if the price were lower) but I get it based on the ingredients. If we were to obtain the oils and extracts used it would actually cost more than Wen does. I cant say the same for more chemical based products. The value is also that many people dont find they have to cleanse as often once they adjust to Wen. So while yes, you use more per cleanse it balances out overall. 

If you really want to give it a shot at a better value, you can wait for the TSV next month. You can also join the notification list, @bebe777 does an outstanding job of notifying everyone of great deals and sales. There are ways to shop smart with Wen to maximize your dollar. 

Awww @nikki48 thanks so much for your kind words. Smiley Happy

@henderson I'm going to go ahead and add you to my notifications list. -- If you decide that you'd like to be taken off of it later, just send me a notification on my Wen - Notification Alerts List  list and I'll take you off of it. Smiley Happy

@henderson I completely agree with @nikki48 description of Chaz's products. He uses top quality oils which are very expensive. -- I good friend of mine is a top notch massage therapist and she pays a lot of money to get top quality oils. She's very fussy and she's become a Wen fan too. Smiley Happy

Before Wen I had extremely oily hair. I had to wash my hair every morning just to be presentable through the working day. After 18 hours my hair would become an oil slick!

After using Wen Cleansing Conditioner for a number of months, I started to only need to cleanse my hair ever few days. At this point, I can go for 3-5 (sometimes even 7) days between cleansings. And that saves me a lot of time not having to wash my hair every day.

As @nikki48 mentioned, Chaz's next November 28th TSV is going to be a crazy great value. You'll be getting three of the same 32oz Cleansing Conditioners (CC)  for $80!! An amazing value. -- I'd highly recommend trying the Tea Tree (TT) option. And before the TSV, stop by a health food store to check out how tea tree oil smells (it's a bit medicinal but you get used to it, and Chaz's TT CC doesn't smell as strong. -- Of all the formulas, I think the TT CC is the one that works for almost everyone!! Smiley Happy

Here's more info courtesy of @sznk in her Chaz on Q - spoilers :-) thread:

___

hi fellow-WENners, please forgive me if this info has previously been posted but i couldn't find it here in the wen forum.

i watched a Chaz Periscope video posted late yesterday where he talked about the offerings on his upcoming qvc oct 20/21 visits & his nov 28 tsv.

oct 20 / 21: he said his new brushes will be offered in a set - 1 paddle & 1 sculpting, not separately.

nov 28: his tsv is a 32oz CC TRIO!  for <$80 w/ 6 easypays:

3 choices:

* 3 classics - 3 sam or 3 tea tree or 3 lav.

* 3 winter seasonals, 1 of each - wwc, wvm, wrc (a-d will be 3 summer seasonals).

* 3 rice-based, 1 of each - light, mif, & bgt.

edit: $77.90 & $0 s/h, avail now for Advance Order

(A303667 or A/D A304018 - thnx Wendy on Blue Skies)

the video is still up on Chaz's periscope and twitter feeds, titled "Have you heard?? What's coming soon??"  this info is near the end of the video, at ~ the 19:20 mark.

___

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well I guess I’m one of the people who don’t help Chaz one bit.  While I do wait to buy my WEN during his on air presentations, I rarely buy the kits he has because I don’t use a lot of ancillary products.  I won’t be purchasing any of the TSV kits, but I will be buying at least a half dozen bottles of both the WVM RTMs and oils, at a minimum.  I like certain products and only buy those and apparently that doesn’t count toward his sales goals like I thought, even if I wait to buy them when he is on air.  I purchased the 319 Body Cleanser/Body Treatment duo (on auto-delivery) during his early morning show on Saturday, but I guess that wasn’t enough either.

I’m not sure what QVC expects.  When Chaz started, he had very few products.  A handful of core cleansing conditioners, that was it.  Now his line has become so popular he has upteen different products available.  Of course each product is no longer going to sell the same number of units as when he first was at QVC—we now can pick between many more formulas of just cleansing conditioners instead of just five.  Not to mention all the other products the line now carries.  

I can’t imagine that WEN is not a staple in the QVC income line.  The people that use it, use it consistently and that is a steady income for  QVC.  I’m sure part of the reason Chaz didn’t make his sales goals was because he’s been on air infrequently and at odd times lately.  Very little mention of the gallons this month.  It doesn’t make sense to me. I think they’re being unrealistic.  What do they want?  And the show got replaced with philosophy?  That makes its sales goals?  

ETA:  And another thing, QVC is pushing much of his programming to Q2 and Beauty IQ, which thousands of people don’t get on their televisions.  Yes, I know you can watch online, but many people, including myself, do not like to do that, or can’t because of their equipment.  So you take Chaz off the main channel and put him on two other channels that few people can watch right now, and then take him off the air completely because you say he hasn’t met his sales goals?  How about giving him enough air time on a channel that people can actually see and then seeing what his sales are!  

Okay, I’m off my soapbox...for right now.😤😡🤗

Respected Contributor

@SuebdooThanks for sharing the Periscope story. I was not planning on ordering the TSV this Nov, but after hearing what Chaz said I will order the 3 Tea Tree CC’s just to help Chaz’ #’s. Besides, you can never have enough TT in your stash! 😉

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the info, @Suebdoo!  I already ordered the restorative TSV on advance order, but I love watching Chaz and I so want him to do well.  I'll have to work through my stash so I have room for one more TSV (probably the seasonals), and whatever fun goodies he brings on 11/28, and order when he is actually on air.

Respected Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

Ok I watched this last night and feel a little better....kinda.  Gotta say Chaz is pretty funny.....singing some, joking around with people posting, tours of his pantry etc.  Also shows how much he loves his angels 😘. If you watch you might chuckle at his shoes in the hot CA weather LOL

Ok this is what I heard and will be paraphrasing.

Show was cancelled because they didn't meet sales goals.  You know my thoughts on that if you read the thread on cancelled show.  He said 4th quarter goals are brutal.

He said he ? / they ? Cancelled the 11/10 show so that he can have a very successful TSV.  He needs the sales TSV day.  Understand that completely.  Probably explains why you can't order the TSV earlier anymore.  This was at about the 27 or 28 min mark

The leftover 5 pc CC from last year should be offered as a ODO so people who want those can still get them. No clue on how many they have.

Someone asked about his Black Friday sale on his site.  He said it probably won't happen this year because again, he needs the sales on his TSV day.  He said he might just have a Happy New Year sale instead.

He mentioned that he knows his regular customers have good stashes and that he needs new customers, so recruit family and friends ( my words but you get the idea) 😁

He mentioned the fragrance ODO sold out and that he had marked it down to where he only made $1 each....and that it would never happen again LOL

I felt better listening because he didn't sound upset or frantic.

So I'm making my list!!!  😘

Could someone please clarify for me....do none of the vendors get 'credit' unless the sale/order is made while they are on? Say Valerie for instance?

How does it work for philosophy or Clarks?

I had no idea this is how it works. And their shows can be cancelled because of this? What a lot of pressure!!!

Trusted Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

@Suebdoo wrote:

Ok I watched this last night and feel a little better....kinda.  Gotta say Chaz is pretty funny.....singing some, joking around with people posting, tours of his pantry etc.  Also shows how much he loves his angels 😘. If you watch you might chuckle at his shoes in the hot CA weather LOL

Show was cancelled because they didn't meet sales goals.  You know my thoughts on that if you read the thread on cancelled show.  He said 4th quarter goals are brutal.

He said he ? / they ? Cancelled the 11/10 show so that he can have a very successful TSV.  He needs the sales TSV day.  Understand that completely.  Probably explains why you can't order the TSV earlier anymore.  This was at about the 27 or 28 min mark

The leftover 5 pc CC from last year should be offered as a ODO so people who want those can still get them. No clue on how many they have.

Someone asked about his Black Friday sale on his site.  He said it probably won't happen this year because again, he needs the sales on his TSV day.  He said he might just have a Happy New Year sale instead.

He mentioned that he knows his regular customers have good stashes and that he needs new customers, so recruit family and friends ( my words but you get the idea) 😁

He mentioned the fragrance ODO sold out and that he had marked it down to where he only made $1 each....and that it would never happen again LOL

Could someone please clarify for me....do none of the vendors get 'credit' unless the sale/order is made while they are on? Say Valerie for instance?

I had no idea this is how it works. And their shows can be cancelled because of this? What a lot of pressure!!!

@wonderfulworld, my understanding (someone correct me if I am wrong) is that yes, all sales count for that vendor but they have a certain goal they must hit during the actual show as well. So purchasing early does go towards their total sales but not their show goals. 

#IAmTeamWen
Respected Contributor

@nikki48 wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

@Suebdoo wrote:

@wonderfulworld, my understanding (someone correct me if I am wrong) is that yes, all sales count for that vendor but they have a certain goal they must hit during the actual show as well. So purchasing early does go towards their total sales but not their show goals. 

Thank you so much for your reply. I wonder if the hosts have sales goals too? I suppose they must.

I just figured a Wen order is a Wen order and only the total profit mattered.

I rarely order when a vendor is on...first I hit the boards to see what YOU all have to say and read the reviews.  

Super Contributor

@wonderfulworld Chaz mentioned that the sales between visits are good, so that probably count towards something. I believe the show sales determine how much air time a vendor gets, which seems a bit of a Catch 22 situation Smiley Surprised/

Respected Contributor

@RipleyGirl wrote:

@wonderfulworld Chaz mentioned that the sales between visits are good, so that probably count towards something. I believe the show sales determine how much air time a vendor gets, which seems a bit of a Catch 22 situation Smiley Surprised/

Thank you! I totally agree...isn't it a bottom line situation.

It seemed like for a long time we hardly saw Valerie Parr Hill on at all and now she is on more frequently. I wonder if vendors have to pay to appear on the air? This thread has really got me wondering.

Honored Contributor

To put on a 1-2 (or 3!) hour show, it costs big bucks.  You have to have the sales numbers to sustain something like that, especially in prime time.

BareMinerals used to be that product and now they are relegated to 3 am on a Tuesday.  I remember Leslie saying once that QVC always want "new, new, new."

I think for Chaz, a year when there are no new seasonal scents can be a slower year.  Not everyone wants/uses the accessory items, so I think not having a new Fall scent impacts that.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN