WEN

Frequent Contributor

Can you help clarify date stamp on Pomegranate Cleansing Condition

I just received the Pomegranate Cleansing Conditioner and my bottle has an 

"11 03 08" date stamped on the bottom? Did I receive an 11 year old product? I called customer service and the woman said she had no way of checking about dates in their system and offered for me to send it back for a free exchange. Of course, I don't have the box or the cap, as I had already opened it and thrown them away. She's sending me a free exchange label, but now I have to find a box and hope it doesn't leak.

BUT, my real concern is the date - has anyone else had this problem? Thanks in advance for your help.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can you help clarify date stamp on Pomegranate Cleansing Condition

[ Edited ]

hi @msvictoria 

No, the QVC customer service won't know a production batch number from a labeling date from a bottle maker's code, on WEN or any other product..

I never have a problem with their dates, but I'm not concerned about the day it went into a light blocking bottle in a sterile environment and was promptly vacuum sealed. As long as the seal wasn't broken and the contents have never been exposed to common air, I'm good.

In cosmetics, it's the POA (Period After Opening)  that counts.

I just checked my bottle of tea tree and found "11 06 24"  

How's your POM?  Was it sealed? Does it look & smell like sweet red POM?

Visitor

This has happened to me too. Received 5 year old mousse. What a joke. No response fromqvc.  Now i only buy new fragrances so i know they’re new. 

Respected Contributor

that's an 11 year past it's best used by date product.

Trusted Contributor

well it definitely was not manufactured in 2008.
Respected Contributor

That's a production run number, not a date.  It's simple coincidence that the numbers look like a month/day/year sequence.  If you want to know when it was bottled, call the phone number on the bottle and talk to Chaz Dean's customer service staff, they can tell you.  It is absolutely not an 11 year old product.

Respected Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

That's a production run number, not a date.  It's simple coincidence that the numbers look like a month/day/year sequence.  If you want to know when it was bottled, call the phone number on the bottle and talk to Chaz Dean's customer service staff, they can tell you.  It is absolutely not an 11 year old product.

@CamillePYes this is what Chaz's CS has told me also...