WEN

Valued Contributor

Re: Can anyone recommend a CC that performs like SHP?

I love the SMC.  It is very moisturizing in my opinion and I love the smell.  

Respected Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

Hi Lisa, welcome to the Wen board and to the wenderful world of Wen!!! Smiley Happy

I haven't tried ths SHP CC yet but, from everything I've read, it has a strong and vociferous fan base. A number of people who really like SMC think that if SHP had had more time to establish a track record that it would have beaten out SMC for the Summer Seasonal gallon selected. -- SHP probably was rolled out right around the time they were making their choices for this June's Seasonal gallons. 

A number of people who swear by SHP also really seem to like SMC... they just like SHP a bit better. 

-- bebeSmiley Wink

I must be in the minority here because SMC is my absolute favorite. My hair doesn't like SHP at all so I'll let everyone else stockpile it. Cat Tongue

Valued Contributor

You're going to get a ton of different responses, but you'll have to see what works for you. Seems like you aren't a fan of the core formulas, so I'd definitely branch out to more seasonal scents, Bamboo Green Tea/Mandarin Italian Fig (remember these are rice based), and definitely 613. For styling products, there are a bunch of kits that offer fantastic values currently on the Q. Also there will be a One Time Only value coming up for this summers scent (Coconut Lime Verbena) of the mousse & styling creme.

I will say though, SHP is #1 for me, with SCLV being a very close 2nd. Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lisa t wrote:

Hi everyone!

I recently bought a bottle of Summer Honey Peach CC and am really loving it.  I have tried TT, Fig, Lavender, SAM, and CA but I had trouble with the menthol in certain formulas and I also believe I was using it wrong. 

The SHP has been amazing for me.  I began using it exclusively after my most recent trip to the salon and my color is not washing out, my hair is shiny, smells great, and looks really good, even on my second day.  I'm wondering if any of the other formulas (besides those listed above) perform like SHP?  Also, I want to try another product...maybe a treatment oil, mousse, spray....something fun.  Any recommendations there?  

Thank you for any help!

Lisa

I also don't like menthol in the core CCs.

For me, a formula that performs like SHP, maybe even a little better, is Mandarin Italian Fig - MIF.

It is just wonderful, and very moisturising withought weighting my hair down, hair looks great on the day two. Good thing about MIF, is that it has become to be a permanent product, and one can buy it any time.

MIF fragrance I did not like at first, but now I love it. Chaz said, it smells like a country side in Tuscany. True! it does smell like Italy somehow, maybe it is fig.

I also learned to add a pump or two of 613 in the mix once in a while, and again, like Chaz said 613 makes all the difference - it's a hair conditioner on wheels!

Trusted Contributor

I haven't found one. SHP is way better for my hair than any other CC I have tried - and I think I have tried them all (Core and Seasonals).

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Occasional Contributor

Thank you again for all of your suggestions and advice.  I am putting items in my cart as we speak!

Lisa

Esteemed Contributor

Woman Happy I wish I could see your cart!

Valued Contributor

Keep us updated lisa by posting on this thread! Can't wait to see what you try out Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

isn't SHP THE best???!!!

If you love that one, I 'd recommend trying SMC because it is the second best. To me and my husband, it smells mostly of coconut.

But I personally stockpiled SHP as it is the best WEN cc ever- amazing shine, softness, bounce and tangle free hair. LOVE!

Valued Contributor

I didn't want to like the new summer seasonal (since I like so many other seasonals) BUT . . . . CLV is amazing for me! It's better than SHP, for me. It's lighter, fluffier, and gives me more shine. I thought I had found my holy grail of WEN formulas until CLV came out. Give it a try, you might like it as well. Once the fall seasonals come out, try FAS. The results are amazing (the scent is much more maple than anything else). Good luck!
**Suz**