WEN

Occasional Contributor

Can anyone recommend a CC that performs like SHP?

Hi everyone!

I recently bought a bottle of Summer Honey Peach CC and am really loving it.  I have tried TT, Fig, Lavender, SAM, and CA but I had trouble with the menthol in certain formulas and I also believe I was using it wrong. 

The SHP has been amazing for me.  I began using it exclusively after my most recent trip to the salon and my color is not washing out, my hair is shiny, smells great, and looks really good, even on my second day.  I'm wondering if any of the other formulas (besides those listed above) perform like SHP?  Also, I want to try another product...maybe a treatment oil, mousse, spray....something fun.  Any recommendations there?  

Thank you for any help!

Lisa

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can anyone recommend a CC that performs like SHP?

Isn't the SHP wenderful - I also love the SOB - I get really great results. TT oil is great for the scalp, 613 oil is intoxicating. Styling creams would also be a great addition - you put this in after your pump of CC before you blow dry. HTH

Trusted Contributor

Well, you can't buy it right now, but the performance of SHL seemed pretty similar to SHP for me. I really liked the SHL mixed with SOB. I prefer the smell of SOB, but it was slightly drying for me. SOB & SHL combination has nice moisture and a nice scent.

I liked the performance of MIF too, but I just don't care for the scent.

Esteemed Contributor

Forgot to add, Mango Coconut CC (I smell no mango but a lot of coconut) is nice but for my hair, I put it behind the two I mentioned previously. Many are liking the new CLV - this one I have not tried the CC just the RTM which to me smells like a freshly sliced lime.

Respected Contributor

If you really like SHP you should just stock up.  That is why I really hope that SHP becomes a permanent selection.  

Esteemed Contributor

Susan25 - Is there any left after HappyDaze got done shopping? Just kidding!!

Honored Contributor

Hi Lisa, welcome to the Wen board and to the wenderful world of Wen!!! Smiley Happy

I haven't tried ths SHP CC yet but, from everything I've read, it has a strong and vociferous fan base. A number of people who really like SMC think that if SHP had had more time to establish a track record that it would have beaten out SMC for the Summer Seasonal gallon selected. -- SHP probably was rolled out right around the time they were making their choices for this June's Seasonal gallons. 

A number of people who swear by SHP also really seem to like SMC... they just like SHP a bit better. 

-- bebeSmiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

Susan25 - Is there any left after HappyDaze got done shopping? Just kidding!!

Riley, lol, I was thinking the exact same thing. She's just like Drythe and all things 613!!! 

btw, Happy Daze was a SMC Wenner... right up until the time she tried SHP!!! 

-- bebeSmiley Wink

Occasional Contributor

Thank you all so much for your replies!  I'm definitely going to stock up on SHP and I will check out some of your other suggestions.  I'm so happy with my hair right now and stunned at how it has helped maintain my hair color.     

Thanks again,

Lisa

Respected Contributor

I do agree that if you haven't tried SMC you may also like this formula since it is moisturizing.  Of course, it is a lot different scent than SHP and you probably won't like it if you don't like coconut body products.